Upgrading cabin when arriving on ship?

EMH3kids

Please excuse my lack of knowledge .... this is our first cruise. :o

We are sailing on Oasis March 5th. At this time, we are booked in a interior family cabin. There are still ocean-view family cabins available at this time for 1k more. The balcony family cabins are sold out.

If by any chance there are still ocean-view family cabins not booked on sailing day, do they ever offer an upgrade that might be a slightly better deal than the 1k?? Will they ever "make a deal" and possibly offer it for $500 more, as an example?

Not to nickel and dime, but since our 14 year old's diagnosis with cancer in September, our finances have been hit hard with medical expenses and unpaid time off from work. We have already downgraded from two amazing balcony rooms to the interior, just so we can still go (we booked last Spring, before he became sick).

Thank you for your thoughts!

Please excuse my lack of knowledge .... this is our first cruise. :o

We are sailing on Oasis March 5th. At this time, we are booked in a interior family cabin. There are still ocean-view family cabins available at this time for 1k more. The balcony family cabins are sold out.

If by any chance there are still ocean-view family cabins not booked on sailing day, do they ever offer an upgrade that might be a slightly better deal than the 1k?? Will they ever "make a deal" and possibly offer it for $500 more, as an example?

Not to nickel and dime, but since our 14 year old's diagnosis with cancer in September, our finances have been hit hard with medical expenses and unpaid time off from work. We have already downgraded from two amazing balcony rooms to the interior, just so we can still go (we booked last Spring, before he became sick).

Thank you for your thoughts!

Very sorry to hear....thoughts and prayers go out to your family:)

It is possible that they will have upgrades available the day of sailing...however those being unique cabins and few of them the likelihood is that they will upgrade them before sailing. I would call Royal and talk to them.....can't hurt....all they can do is say no.

Thank you, Steve. Are upgrades usually offered to those that are frequent cruisers? I will touch base with RCL and see what they think. We aren't hoping for "something for nothing", but just wondered if they might be negotiable as the cruise draws closer.

Thank you, Steve. Are upgrades usually offered to those that are frequent cruisers? I will touch base with RCL and see what they think. We aren't hoping for "something for nothing", but just wondered if they might be negotiable as the cruise draws closer.

You are welcome:)

There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to upgrades....sometimes they are given to frequent cruisers...other times to the first time cruiser. There was just a post today that someone got upgraded from an oceanview to a Royal Suite....and I believe they have only sailed a few times.

Enjoy your sailing!!!

Archived