Excursions on Empress of the Seas

I just read a review of the Empress of the Seas and it was mentioned that a few of the excursions offered were cancelled. If you've been on the Empress for the southern sailing and noticed cancelations too,would you please respond? I'm just wondering which excursions are likely to be cancelled. I know it's probably different each sailing...but I'm just looking for a general idea. Thanks.

Cherie

We were on the January 31st Sailing, and had the Nature Trail & Swim Cancelled in Grenada and the Hike & Snorkel Cancelled in Aruba. Worked out in the end however as we had a great tour with a local in Grenada, and took a cab to Malmok beach for snorkelling (which was great!!) in Aruba. Saved probably $200 between the both of us!!

By the way, we thought this cruise was awesome!! Don't let any negative comments get you down. The ship is the smallest in the fleet, but that's part of the charm!! Itinerary is Fantastic, Crew was friendly, ship is great (No skating Rink, shopping Malls, putting courses) but your in port everyday except one, so who needs all thet stuff!!

You'll have a blast!!

Inky

Tours are cancelled mainly for 1 of 2 reasons, not enought people book it, or a problem with the tour operator. We have had both happen to us. So it is very hard to say which ones this could happen to. If you pre book on line before you go you will have a spot, as there are some more popular than others that sell out fast. There is only so much space and seats for each tour.

Or you can read thru the ones offered in your doc's and go straight to the tour desk when you board and book when you first get on ship.

We were on the January 31st Sailing, and had the Nature Trail & Swim Cancelled in Grenada and the Hike & Snorkel Cancelled in Aruba. Worked out in the end however as we had a great tour with a local in Grenada, and took a cab to Malmok beach for snorkelling (which was great!!) in Aruba. Saved probably $200 between the both of us!!

By the way, we thought this cruise was awesome!! Don't let any negative comments get you down. The ship is the smallest in the fleet, but that's part of the charm!! Itinerary is Fantastic, Crew was friendly, ship is great (No skating Rink, shopping Malls, putting courses) but your in port everyday except one, so who needs all thet stuff!!

You'll have a blast!!

Inky

INKY, Glad you enjoyed your cruise. I've read both good and negative comments about the Empress and am still looking forward to our cruise. We booked EOS for the itinerary also :). I have to admit though....I did another sigh of relief when I read that you "thought this cruise was awesome".

Archived