Land Cruise/South Bound Voyage of the Glaciers on Coral Princess

rayandshirl

Am booked on the land tour, train trip to Denali in late May on Princess. Am interested in the wildlife that you saw on the train trip and in the park.

Have done the inside passage twice and loved it. Any comments on the two day glacier cruising on this trip? Thank you.

Upgrade your included Natural history tour to the Tundra Wilderness if wildlife is your interest. I'll link my photos below.

You won't see a lot of wildlife from the train, given the speed, but you get great scenery.

http://loonbeam.smugmug.com/Travel/Alaska-2009/13372271_S5ZH3#972434108_jJsJd

Am booked on the land tour, train trip to Denali in late May on Princess. Am interested in the wildlife that you saw on the train trip and in the park.

Have done the inside passage twice and loved it. Any comments on the two day glacier cruising on this trip? Thank you.

You won't see a lot of wildlife from the train, given the speed, but you get great scenery.

I take exception to this statement. We did see just lots of wildlife in the park on the TWT, but on the train to Whittier we saw 4 sitings of bears, many moose, dall sheep, and a porcupine! I'm pretty sure we saw more, but that was in 2007! The train does not go fast it even stops to pick up passengers along the way not necessarily at a station! It also stopped to view the Bears!! Our train trip took almost 11 hours!:p We were on a third week in May trip. (the TWT was not a full tour as it only went 33 miles). So be prepared with your camera at all times...you never know when the wildlife will appear!:D

We took the train from Anchorage to Denali. The scenery was wonderful and we actually saw a black bear from the train!

Our experience in Denali was wonderful! We saw almost all the wildlife that you could see there: moose, bears, caribou, dall sheep, etc! You can read all about it and see photos on my review here:

http://moonprincess.com/travel/category/cruises/alaska-2010/

Hope that helps!

Archived