book a future cruise on board?

Does anyone know if there's an advantage to booking a future cruise while on board? Do you get a discount or room credit? We know which cruise we want don't see the point if there isn't a perk. Thanks

Does anyone know if there's an advantage to booking a future cruise while on board? Do you get a discount or room credit? We know which cruise we want don't see the point if there isn't a perk. Thanks

Usually the perk to book on board is a credit or discount, depending on the length of the cruise. I can't remember how much it is but I'm sure someone will.

After you get home, you can transfer the booking to a TA if you use one and keep the credit.

Norma

I am looking at my paper from booking on the ship for two cruises. We get a $50 credit on the Majesty that is a 3 day cruise and a $200 credit for the Brilliance which is an eleven night cruise. The key to onboard booking is that if you make any changes at all to your cruise that you keep the same booking number. For example if you book a 7 night cruise and they give you a $100 ship board credit and change your cruise to a three night cruise they will change the dates, ship, and reduce your shipboard credit to $50, because you have changed the number of days that you have booked. If you keep the booking number you should still get the ship board credit, but it will be adjusted up or down according to the amount of days that you are sailing. Again, the key is keeping your booking number. If you combine your booking into a group cruise you will lose your shipboard credit even if you keep the same booking number.

Ok, so let's say I want to book a cruise a year in advance when I am on the Jewel next week. How much of a deposit does RCI expect at the time of booking and when is the rest due. I don't know this info as I booked the Jewel cruise within a month of sailing so a full payment was required. Thanks!

Archived