Beverage Package for only husband

PMO

I know there has been much written about the beverage packages but I have looked high and low and not seen my question addressed. I am very content with having tap water in my own container that I carry with me for the pool and excursions, coffee, not specialty types, and a very occasional wine, therefore, the beverage package does not make sense for me. Can my husband purchase this just himself instead of the two of us? We will save money if it is just him but not if both of us needed to join.

You don't need to purchase a beverage package. You can just buy what you want to drink as if you normally would on any cruise. You can buy just the one package for your husband if it is worthwhile for him. We do not do the bevereage packages because when we did the math for us, we just don't drink enough to justify them.

Yes, you can buy the package just for your husband, there have been many posters who have done this. Just be aware, though, that it sounds like the "package police" are out in full force, and will come over to speak to you if he tries to share one of his drinks with you. Someone even posted that he let his wife take a sip to try something, and the waitress came right over to say it wasn't allowed (embarrassing him in front of the people he was sitting with!). I guess this makes sense, otherwise many people would be tempted to buy 1 package and share it. DH and I both got beverage packages on our recent Eclipse cruise, and we loved the freedom it gave us to try a lot of different drinks (alcoholic and not!)----but if only one of you thinks you would use it, just buy it for him/her.

We bought the Premium Package for myself only because my husband did not like the selection of wine by the glass. He bought himself a wine package on the first day.

We were both happy this way- he had his wine, I had whatever else I wanted. No one gave us a hard time but we understood that the Premium package was for one guest only.

Archived