Why do you bother to cruise?

blitznbobs

I suppose if you forget that flights are included & just book your own, provided you can afford it it does give that freedom. We can't really & spend any money on better accomodation.

That's what we do. After all how long is the flight, and it's discomforts, compared to the cruise? :D

That's what we do. After all how long is the flight, and it's discomforts, compared to the cruise? :D

The comfort of the flight is the difference between being able to go - or not being abe to go, for some people with severe spinal damage, who are unable to sit for longer than an hour or so!! We'd rather not HAVE to spend all that money - though it does make it a very comfortable flight.

The comfort of the flight is the difference between being able to go - or not being abe to go, for some people with severe spinal damage, who are unable to sit for longer than an hour or so!! We'd rather not HAVE to spend all that money - though it does make it a very comfortable flight.

and the % of cruisers that meets that criteria would be ?

We always arrange our own flights, so get to fly when we want, from the airport we want and with the airline we want.

We enjoy the experience and get airmiles as well. Next month we're flying to Barbados for free - apart from the tax of course.

I have never checked but can you get cruise only prices on P&O like you can with Princess?

I have never checked but can you get cruise only prices on P&O like you can with Princess?

Only on the World Cruise sectors, on the charter fly cruises, you just have to forfeit the flight cost!

I really wish they would make an allowance for those of us that can't or choose not to use them.

Only on the World Cruise sectors, on the charter fly cruises, you just have to forfeit the flight cost!

I really wish they would make an allowance for those of us that can't or choose not to use them.

Ok thanks.

Don't they have special needs facilities available on the charters?

I would prefer a balcony, Always nice to have a little time to yourselfs. But for us it all depends on price, Sometimes we find it better to have an inside and use the extra money in other areas.

As others have said if it means the differnce between cruiseing and not cruiseing then an inside is more than fine for us!

I would prefer a balcony, Always nice to have a little time to yourselfs. But for us it all depends on price, Sometimes we find it better to have an inside and use the extra money in other areas.

As others have said if it means the differnce between cruiseing and not cruiseing then an inside is more than fine for us!

oops posted this on the wrong thread :o

Something else that I've thought of is when you have a cruise planned you tend to put more effort in to your clothes. If I was off to our other land based haunts I wouldn't be thinking about clothes - I'd just chuck a few things in a case the night before (weather in Britain means shorts and t-shirts are always ready to go!)

For the last few weeks I've been scouring the shops for nice things in the sales, dresses, shoes, handbags and fancy jewellery (not expensive stuff you understand)

I'm no good looking dollybird but I still enjoy it :) As someone once said 'you can wrap a ribbon around a turd - it's still a turd!:eek:'

Archived