Missed Roatan port call

StartrainDD

Just back off our cruise on the Crown Princess. We were turned away at Roatan due to high winds. It looked like a beautiful day.:(

In all my research before the cruise I never saw any indication that ships missed docking in Roatan due to weather. Roatan was the primary reason we chose that cruise. How often have people missed their Roatan port call?

Just back off our cruise on the Crown Princess. We were turned away at Roatan due to high winds. It looked like a beautiful day.:(

In all my research before the cruise I never saw any indication that ships missed docking in Roatan due to weather. Roatan was the primary reason we chose that cruise. How often have people missed their Roatan port call?

The answer is, for Carnival-based cruise ships, including Princess, quite often.

RCL ships use the 'old' dock at Coxen Hole and have little trouble. Carnival and some NCL ships use Mahogany Bay, which is totally owned by Carnival, and is quite sensitive to wind issues.

As time goes by and Carnival ships miss more and more port calls at Mahogany Bay, it would seem that their investment there could have been better conceived.

You are right...Roatan is a gem! Sorry you missed it.

Archived