Oceana : Smart casual dress code help please

leedslad

• 1 month later...

I always remember dinning in the company of a lovely American lady who was a friend of the family and I was warned, she would insist on gentlemen standing when ever a lady joined or left the table and when we had all sat down informed us that the "gentlemen could remove their jackets" if required. This was before the smoking ban and she insisted on smoking a cigarette between courses:eek:

She travelled from/to America every year, to spend summer in the UK, on board the QE2

I think your original question has been answered a number of times and I'm with you on one point having started cruising only 3 years ago I can't get enough of it now. I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise and it will give you an insight into the way P&O do cruising, dress codes on Cunard are very similar but should you decide to look for a more casual experience next time try some of the lines that cater more for Americans, we were on Constellation in October and I noticed more than one person in a t-shirt (and he didn't have the figure for it), the table behind us were even wearing polo shirts on a formal night. You may find though that drinks will be a lot more expensive I paid $6 + 15% service for a can of Boddingtons.

Archived