Expired Transdermal Scop Patches for seasickness

VWAPTHENSOME

I was just wondering if anyone had used expired patches? We have 4 of them that expired 12/10 and we are cruising next week? My thought is that they are only a few months after the expiration date so they should be fine. I did read one poster on another thread say he used ones that were expired for 2 years and they worked fine.

I know there can be risks to using expired medication, I'm just looking for anyone who's had actual experience with this situation.

Can't wait to hit the high seas again!! :)

You can reasonably presume that those patches will still work just fine, if they have been stored someplace not overly warm. The vast majority of medications do not instantly lose potency and effectiveness, nor do they turn into instant poison, on the date they "expire".

Retired RN with MANY years of experience here!!! And I would not hesitate to use them if they were mine.

JMHO, of course!

You can reasonably presume that those patches will still work just fine, if they have been stored someplace not overly warm. The vast majority of medications do not instantly lose potency and effectiveness, nor do they turn into instant poison, on the date they "expire".

Retired RN with MANY years of experience here!!! And I would not hesitate to use them if they were mine.

JMHO, of course!

Another RN with 42 yrs under my belt! I would not hesitate to use them either, if anything they will be less potent. Esp if they are only several months past expiration. This is only my opinion.

Archived