Dining room question for family of 20

nessa26

There are about 20 of us going on the cruise for our wedding (7 weeks away!!!!!) & how & who would I contact in order to have us all together for dinner and be able to sit at the same table? Or tables next to each other if they dont have tables that seat 20.... We didn't do the group booking because the person we talked to over the phone about it said we had to have a minimum of 8 rooms booked within 2 weeks.....and that was sooo not happening!! People have different pay days, diff bills to pay, not everyone was going to be able to put deposit down. Stupid rules!!! Anyways, so does this mean we will all be split up at dinner??

There are about 20 of us going on the cruise for our wedding (7 weeks away!!!!!) & how & who would I contact in order to have us all together for dinner and be able to sit at the same table? Or tables next to each other if they dont have tables that seat 20.... We didn't do the group booking because the person we talked to over the phone about it said we had to have a minimum of 8 rooms booked within 2 weeks.....and that was sooo not happening!! People have different pay days, diff bills to pay, not everyone was going to be able to put deposit down. Stupid rules!!! Anyways, so does this mean we will all be split up at dinner??

what cruise line? You should be able to contact the cruise line directly and make a request or you can speak to the maitr'de when you arrive on the ship to make arrangements.

Thats kinda disappointing!! Oh well life goes on.......

The Carnival web site says that they'll only group people together for dining (that did not book under a Group Booking) if the group is more than 21 cabins.

So I'd say your best bet is to talk to the maitre d' once you're on board.

Good luck!

I am not doing a group booking. My cruise had been booked 8 months and none if my family is booked yet.

My PVP with carnival said when everyone books their cruise, they just need MY booking number and she will seat us all together....

I bet if u call with everyone's booking number u could get everyone together :-)

nessa... I have the same situation... We did not go for the Group booking but what I did do...

My PVP is linking all our party to our booking # for dining purposes.

You will just need to contact your PVP (if you have one) and request that your party be linked together... set a security pin# then give your guests your booking # and that security pin#, they call your PVP and give both # along with their booking # and Voila' all linked up for dinner :)

I bet if u call with everyone's booking number u could get everyone together :-)

Would have been nice for it to be that easy... PVP said she needed the booked party permission to be linked with us, as why we needed to set the security pin. Anyone knowing my booking # AND security pin had our permission to be linked.

nessa... I have the same situation... We did not go for the Group booking but what I did do...

You will just need to contact your PVP (if you have one) and request that your party be linked together... set a security pin# then give your guests your booking # and that security pin#, they call your PVP and give both # along with their booking # and Voila' all linked up for dinner :)

I was told this also and so dutifully gave all our guests our booking number and Pin and told them they HAD to give that information at booking so we could be seated together, and you know what? Maybe* half actually did it. So make sure you tell them lots of times!

Ahh, good to know! I'll be sure to set that up b4 everyone starts booking! Thanks!

I will do that!! We do have a coordinator doing all our bookings so hopefully she took care of that, I will call & find out.

I had a similar problem. We had 60 sail with us and did not book as a group (loooong story about why). We had everyone link their reservation a single booking ID so that dinner seating was together. I've also done this on other cruises when sailing with a small group and we haven't had any trouble. Just be sure to confirm and re-confirm that all the booking IDs are linked.

When it got very close to the cruise, I also contacted the cruise line and arranged to work with their dining coordinator on seating for our group. It wasn't easy to arrange, but I was a persistent. Initially, they just said to take care of it when I got onboard. If we had a smaller group with only two or three tables of people I would have done that. But with 60 people, it wasn't a viable alternative. We ended up at 8 tables of varying sizes but they were all in the same section of the dining room, so it worked out fine.

Once on board, be sure to check with the maitre d' as soon as you can to ensure the seating issues are taken care of. Even with all of our careful planning, we had one couple that wasn't seated with our group, but they were able to fix that once we got onboard.

You need to have all of the cabins what is called in the cruising world "Cross Referenced" Each cabin must agree with the cross referenced bookings (for safety reasons) You will have to let your TA or cruise line know all of the booking #'s in your party and then all of your guests will need to call their TA or the cruise line to tell them your booking # or pin. This is not always full proof however a very good idea to do prior to sailing. I would also insure with the maitre'd in your dinning room that of your guests are good!

Honestly when I travel with a larger group we all meet when first boarding the ship in the dinning room to make sure everything is just right!

I called to find out about group booking first, they said that I had to have 8 deposits down in two weeks....That was not going to happen because my family was not ready with deposits all at ounce, or within two weeks. It all worked out though cuz I just emailed PVP and she said everyone will be sitting together! We sent out our booking number and PVP info on all the STD's so everyone had the info for booking. All our sailing guest will be dining together~~ :)

Why didn't you do a group booking? Would you not have gotten a free cabin out of it for the one coordinating the booking?

Archived