Does The Chocolate Cafe Exist on Pacific Pearl?

Kiwi Kid

Marketed as "The Cafe" speel says "indulge in all things lusciously-chocolate at Australia's first chocolate cafe at sea. The Cafe has its own internet facilities so you can sip ...

From reading reviews no-one has ever mentioned it. Does it exist, is it under construction, or is it just another "over sell" by P&O - like their non-existant free spas?

Appreciate any insight, Jo

Im pretty sure that's only on the Jewel unfortunately. :eek: I did read somewhere- I think if u look in the P & O brochure it has the * or the > type of thing and says on the Jewel or Sun or Pearl etc.

Also just a note I was speaking to a P & O rep yesterday re: the stupid hottubs and he mentioned that the Salt Grill is absolutely fantastic as he ate there on Sunday so that's something to look forward to and Im not sure which cruise your going on but on ours 20/10/11 Luke Mangan will ACTUALLY be on the cruise to cook woohoo! and he said to book in early as it fills up.:D:D;)

Liz

Im pretty sure that's only on the Jewel unfortunately. :eek: I did read somewhere- I think if u look in the P & O brochure it has the * or the > type of thing and says on the Jewel or Sun or Pearl etc.

Also just a note I was speaking to a P & O rep yesterday re: the stupid hottubs and he mentioned that the Salt Grill is absolutely fantastic as he ate there on Sunday so that's something to look forward to and Im not sure which cruise your going on but on ours 20/10/11 Luke Mangan will ACTUALLY be on the cruise to cook woohoo! and he said to book in early as it fills up.:D:D;)

Liz

Thanks Liz - wow lucky you re Luke Mangan :D . For our upcoming cruise we have booked an anniversary package - this way we are guaranteed to get into the restaurant on that day - just have to finalise the time once we board. You can book this via P&O direct or your TA.

The brochure tha I am referring to is a whole page just dedicated to the Pearl and sure enough, there's The Cafe with "NEW" in big letters next to it. No asteriks or anything else. Out of interest, how did u get on with the P&O Rep when you mentioned hot tubs?

Happy cruising, Jo

The Chocolate Cafe is on Pacific Jewel, which has internet and sells lots of chocolate dishes, the ravioli, warm chocolate volcano, etc.

I haven't been on Pearl yet, (going in 48 days) but from the photos I've seen and what I've read, it has The Cafe, which has internet facilities (I've seen photos of computer terminals in the cafe, so I presume they work) and sells some chocolate things but possibly a different menu from Jewel's Chocolate Cafe.

Sorry I can't give you a more definite answer, but all I can say is I've seen photos of a cafe, with computers, on Pearl. I can let you know for sure after our cruise! :)

Out of interest, how did u get on with the P&O Rep when you mentioned hot tubs?

They said they were taken out of with the refurb and there are only the 2 hottubs in the Oasis where u need to pay to go in. But u get to use the Sauna etc. as well.

Liz:D

They said they were taken out of with the refurb and there are only the 2 hottubs in the Oasis where u need to pay to go in. But u get to use the Sauna etc. as well.

Liz:D

Hi,

Liz, just check on the Pearl regarding the hot tubs, the oasis does not get you entry into the sauna.

They are different parts of the ship, hot tubs = oasis. Sauna = Spa Services (aquehealth?)

If you want to use the sauna and hot tubs that would be $40 etra per day, per person.

Steve

Marketed as "The Cafe" speel says "indulge in all things lusciously-chocolate at Australia's first chocolate cafe at sea. The Cafe has its own internet facilities so you can sip ...

From reading reviews no-one has ever mentioned it. Does it exist, is it under construction, or is it just another "over sell" by P&O - like their non-existant free spas?

Appreciate any insight, Jo

Sorry for the extra post, yes it is there on the Pearl, and yes it is an extra charge.

It is oppisite the Salt Grill on Deck 12 as you go forward on the right hand side.

I did not see the PC's, so can not confirm or deny thier existance.

Steve

Archived