Leaving on the Magic on Sat and very upset about our dinner seating

Jen516

Besides getting a new TA all I can suggest is that as soon as you board you go right to the dining room and explain the problem to the maitre d' (yes I'm sure I misspelled that word). Mostly likely you will be able to get an early dining. You can even say you medically have to eat at early dining. Better yet, have your TA call and explain some medical condition and really go to bat for you now.

Can't get your way, lie a little?????????????

Defitnately try to get switched the first day but to be honest you will probably have less than a 1% chance of that happening since your travel agent let you down. I think you will just need to order room service or go to the other dining option. FYI... You are pushing the limits by going on a cruise at 23 weeks. Not sure why you would book it that way but make sure you have the travel insurance that pays for Air Med Evac just incase you need it.

We also had the late seating...and ended up loving it!

While first seating was getting ready the pool cleared out..

we let the kids swim during this time. I would go get ready

and my husband would stay with the kids. When he brought them

back to room I had the clothes laid out and got them ready for dinner.

They where famished at dinner...and ready for bed after that!:)

Not to mention we had a wonderful waiter that made dinner so FUN!

• 2 years later...

FYI for this reading this years later... We did get it switched on board. Thank goodness we did because my three year old fell asleep at dinner at 7 most nights! We loved the cruise and had a great time. FYI traveling at 23 weeks pregnant was no problem and it was a great vacation for all!

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the input!

We are very excited, bags are packed and in the car. We will have a great time no matter what. I just want a stress-free week and want happy kids ;)

We'll see what happens!

:)

Jen, Glad to hear you are positive and that will really have a positive affect on the cruise and the kids. There is nothing better than a youngster that is well rested at dinner. Dinner itself is a visual treat for the kids anyways.Have a great cruise.:)

When you get to the terminal, be sure to get the "Welcome Aboard" navigator. There will be a location listed for "Dining Changes." It is usually in Rockin Bar D, but I've seen it in at least 2 other locations recently.

GO there as soon as you board, and request to be changed to main seating. If they cannot do this, ask if you can be allowed to "float" at a table for main seating--taking the table of a family who is not using the main dining room that night because they are going to Palo or whatever. This isn't as good a solution because you have different servers each night, but it does get you a seat at main dining.

Finally, Topsiders is a sit down casual restaurant available all nights except the first and last. No reservations are needed. You and kids can eat there.

Another alternative is to feed the kids early and put them in the Oceaneer's Club while you go to late seating. You can get food on deck 9 from the various outlets or from room service.

FYI for this reading this years later... We did get it switched on board. Thank goodness we did because my three year old fell asleep at dinner at 7 most nights! We loved the cruise and had a great time. FYI traveling at 23 weeks pregnant was no problem and it was a great vacation for all!

Glad it worked out. We find that early dinner does NOT work for us and that we are better off when we can use dine and play. I am betting your TA did add you the waitlist. DCL is famous for making mistakes or losing info like this.

Besides getting a new TA all I can suggest is that as soon as you board you go right to the dining room and explain the problem to the maitre d' (yes I'm sure I misspelled that word). Mostly likely you will be able to get an early dining. You can even say you medically have to eat at early dining. Better yet, have your TA call and explain some medical condition and really go to bat for you now.

Wow, I am disappointed, and upset. Understandably "Jen" has a valid issue regarding young children dining at a very late time, and I would honestly speak to the dining manager once onboard - HOWEVER, I would NEVER encourage anyone that is fortunate enough to have good health to create a "medical" problem to get something they want.

I am sure those people with valid medical conditions would gladly trade minor inconveniences in life to be healthy.

Jen, be thankful that you have healthy children, and I hope you find a honest and ethical way to get the assistance with your dining needs.

Archived