Playa Mia beach or Nachi Cocom beach?

Sam22

Whi ch one?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Whi ch one?

• Nachi Cocom Beach
    • Playa Mia deluxe beach break

Okay, i know there are loads of posts about these various places but instead of looking all over I thought I'd just ask my own question! Anyways, I'm trying to decide which to book with. The playa mia beach break seems to be more expensive if I book through carnival and Nachi seems more popular and exclusive, but I also heard it is better suited for younger people, which I am. I'm looking for a more partish place with more to do, so would playa mia be better, even it the cost is a little greater? Anyways, thanks a lot for the help!

Okay, i know there are loads of posts about these various places but instead of looking all over I thought I'd just ask my own question! Anyways, I'm trying to decide which to book with. The playa mia beach break seems to be more expensive if I book through carnival and Nachi seems more popular and exclusive, but I also heard it is better suited for younger people, which I am. I'm looking for a more partish place with more to do, so would playa mia be better, even it the cost is a little greater? Anyways, thanks a lot for the help!

If you are looking for a place with more to do, then definitely choose Playa Mia.

We were at Nachi Cocum a few weeks ago for the first time (we are in our early 40's) and since we didn't bring our kids, we thought we would try it. It was simply "okay". Our experience was not like many that write about it on these boards. Maybe they were just having a bad day. Our service was poor (our waiter hung out at the bar with other waitors, talking the whole day, and when we wanted something, we had to go to the bar). This wasn't a big deal to us but just not what we expected. The food was very average. The dessert was a pre-made, "grocery store" cheese cake. There are a few things to do but you pay extra for them and I think you need to book in advance online (ex. parasailing). We wouldn't return. I think you can do better if you are looking for more to do.

Nachi isn't a "party" place. They actually state in their reservation email that they don't encourage partying, and will have rowdy guests removed...so if that's what you're looking for, go with your other option.

p.s. Nachi was my FAVORITE part of my 2009 cruise. My waiter was Carlos, and he was amazing....I never had to ask for anything, it just appeared. It was super relaxing, and a great time all around. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it -- must have been a bad day for them :(

Three cheers for Carlos. He has been great on our two trips. I agree with Queenerin, Nachi is not the place to go if you are looking for a party. Nachi is all about kicking back with food and drink and listening to the waves. The massages there are most excellent too.

My fave is still the seafood soup.

Nachi isn't a "party" place. They actually state in their reservation email that they don't encourage partying, and will have rowdy guests removed...so if that's what you're looking for, go with your other option.

p.s. Nachi was my FAVORITE part of my 2009 cruise. My waiter was Carlos, and he was amazing....I never had to ask for anything, it just appeared. It was super relaxing, and a great time all around. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it -- must have been a bad day for them :(

I would go to Nachi, but DW and I just like to hang out the beach with free drinks and good food. There are no water toys at Nachi and since they limit it to 100 people a day, it's not crowded or noisy. Playa Mia definately a more "party place."

We've been to both Playa Mia and Nachi and Mr. Sanchos....Actually been back to Nachi 4 times now, so you can see which was our favorite. Our least favorite was Playa Mia. To us it was tooooo crowded, watered down drinks and just ok food. But if you want a party place you may like Playa Mia. What we liked about Mr. Sanchos was the service and food was good. Sanchos would be our second choice. Nachi was soooooo relaxing, and very private! I don't see how the previous poster says it is too commercial, it's not at all!!! They only take 100 reservations daily. There is no party music playing, no loud noises, no big water toys, just lots of white sandy beach, private palapas with chairs, a nice pool and hot tub, with swim up bar. A large Palapa restaurant with chairs and tables if you choose to eat there instead of on the beach. They offer (for extra price) beach massages, and they are wonderful and we got the price reduced. Snorkeling trip, jet ski rental, they will arrange just about anything else you may like to do, for an extra fee, but we go to Nachi to chill, drink and eat good food!! Carlos is the best waiter, and he will serve you at your palapa on the beach with friendly smile and your glass will never be dry. The bartenders are funny, and make all kind of shot for you. Last trip, a group of us from the ship were at the pool bar most of the day, and some of the shots they were making us were fab!! Just booked our next cruise going back to Cozumel, and will make our 5th trip to Nachi!! If you want to Party, Nachi is not your place, but if you want to relax in quiet, with lots of good drinks and yummy food, go for Nachi.

We've been to both Playa Mia and Nachi and Mr. Sanchos....Actually been back to Nachi 4 times now, so you can see which was our favorite. Our least favorite was Playa Mia. To us it was tooooo crowded, watered down drinks and just ok food. But if you want a party place you may like Playa Mia. What we liked about Mr. Sanchos was the service and food was good. Sanchos would be our second choice. Nachi was soooooo relaxing, and very private! I don't see how the previous poster says it is too commercial, it's not at all!!! They only take 100 reservations daily. There is no party music playing, no loud noises, no big water toys, just lots of white sandy beach, private palapas with chairs, a nice pool and hot tub, with swim up bar. A large Palapa restaurant with chairs and tables if you choose to eat there instead of on the beach. They offer (for extra price) beach massages, and they are wonderful and we got the price reduced. Snorkeling trip, jet ski rental, they will arrange just about anything else you may like to do, for an extra fee, but we go to Nachi to chill, drink and eat good food!! Carlos is the best waiter, and he will serve you at your palapa on the beach with friendly smile and your glass will never be dry. The bartenders are funny, and make all kind of shot for you. Last trip, a group of us from the ship were at the pool bar most of the day, and some of the shots they were making us were fab!! Just booked our next cruise going back to Cozumel, and will make our 5th trip to Nachi!! If you want to Party, Nachi is not your place, but if you want to relax in quiet, with lots of good drinks and yummy food, go for Nachi.

Hmm..this post may have changed my mind...sounds pretty awesome! it's -35 outside, so anything is going to be amazing for me lol thanks!

I'm a Mr. Sanchos chick, myself. We're 32 and 33. And, we had a blast at Mr. Sanchos...

The food was AWESOME. It's all you can eat/all you can drink. And, the music keeps it from being a total bore. We rented a cabana and loved it.

BUT, between the Nachi/Playa Mia I'd definitely choose Nachi. Easy choice.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so happy to read great reviews on Nachi. My 16 yr old daughter and I are taking our 1st cruise this week and I've chosen Nachi as our Cozumel excursion. I'm late 30's and work SUPER hard as a single mom, so chill time is paramount! Even though my girl LOVES the beach, she won't be happy sitting around all day, so I've reserved a couple of massages and wave runner rentals for us ;)

I really enjoyed Nachi a couple of weeks ago! I like to sit farther away from the pool area....out towards the volleyball net....as it is usually quieter. Carlos was our waiter....so I think he might have that section of the beach. Near the dock & pool there is a little more activity.....

When we were there we saw 2 camels being walked down the beach. A lady/tourist was riding one of them....must have been some type of excursion.

We are making our reservation for Nachi Cocum right now for our Nov. cruise. Can I ask you what kind of deal you got on the massage? I would love to have a massage on the beach!!! Thanks, Shelly

The only beach excursion I have done in Cozumel is the Playa Mia Deluxe beach break. I know, Nachi Cocum, Paradise Beach, Mr Sanchos etc are all very popular and get the best reviews, but as I say my only experience is the Playa Mia Deluxe Beach break ( for me booked through Carnival ).

We paid 68.00pp which included bus transportation to from Playa Mia, beach chair/umbrella. Unlimited drinks ( rum punch, margarita, pina coladas, beer ) and maybe others, but we had margaritas, and they were quite potent. A drink waiter was always nearby, but not pesty. We did tip him a buck a drink, but he didnt bother us, but seemed to know when we were ready for another.:D

The beach was nice, especially for us northerners ( any beach is a good one), but not the nicest beach Ive been on in the Caribbean. As others have said, the swimming area, had rocks, actually those rocks were not sharp, but rounded, and didnt bother me, since the water was very clear and I could avoid stepping on them. You could go far out in the water, and still only be up to your neck in water. (Im 5.2). I loved the swimming there, but like I say this only beach excursion Ive done in Coz.

The Food was included, buffet style, actually a small buffet but more than enough to chose from. There was battered fish, not greasy, and there was grilled chicken, both very good. There were salads, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber etc, and there was rice/beans combo, a chili type stew, and a very good pico de gallo. Fresh tortilla chips, and other things that I have forgotten, but more than adequate.

For me 68pp including the above is a reasonable deal for me, since I dont like dealing/haggling with local taxi drivers, etc. Once price, all included is good for me.

So this again is just my opinion, it works for me, but I have to say, that seeing some photos on CC poster's reviews here, Im likely to go to Paradise Beach next time.:)

Archived