JEWEL and GEM in NYC

rrobynec

Both this Saturday and next (lucky me) I will be going to the NYC port.

I will be going on the CTN this Sat on the Jewel, and to the Bahamas next Sat on the Gem.

With both ships in port, is there a separate area for each for their passenger's to embark?

How about parking? Are you directed to different parking areas?

I guess my experience Sat will help me develop a strategy for the following, but would like to be prepared this week too.

Thanks!

Both this Saturday and next (lucky me) I will be going to the NYC port.

I will be going on the CTN this Sat on the Jewel, and to the Bahamas next Sat on the Gem.

With both ships in port, is there a separate area for each for their passenger's to embark?

How about parking? Are you directed to different parking areas?

I guess my experience Sat will help me develop a strategy for the following, but would like to be prepared this week too.

Thanks!

generally NCL uses pier 88 or pier 90. The can take two ships at pier 88(one on each side). They will use the pier closest on top until it is full and then send overfloes to the next finger pier...

On our cruise out of New York we were on the Spirit and the Dawn was also loading passengers at the same time. Whew, what a crowd. There's room for everyone, but it is crowded and the number of taxis unloading passengers is unreal. We waited a very long time in line on 12th Ave watching the meter tick, tick, tick. Be early and BE PATIENT! 5,000 of your closest friends are just as excited as you to get on their vacations.

Once we were onboard, we had an amazing vacation to Florida/Bahamas.

Archived