Oasis - Disembark time

DEERINH2O

Hi all,

Just a quick question, I have cruised from Ft Lauderdale a few times, always have flown from FLL. My question is this, if I am on Oasis, and I have a flight time on the day we disembark, will 11:30 be ok for a domestic flight home? when I was on Princess we were off the ship by 8:30, and gave us plenty of time, what do you think? With there being twice as many people on Oasis I just don't want to cut it close.

thanks fellow cruisers,

kathy

My return flight out of FLL is also for 11:30. I wouldn't book anything earlier then that.

One time we got off the boat super early and were able to take an earlier 10:20 flight. I wouldn't do that again because we had to RUN to the gate to get the plane and we were the last passengers to get on.:eek:

For what it's worth, we recently made an 11:00 flight with lots of time to spare. Not sure about all airlines but in the Delta terminal at FLL (at least) they don't allow you to check in/go through security until 2 hours before your flight. I'm not sure if all airlines are the same, but we had to sit on the floor for an hour before we could check our bags. We saw lots of people re-scheduling their later flights because they were facing several hours of wait time before they could check in.

No one can predict when the ship will reach port or what disembarkation will be like but we found Oasis to very efficient--we were off the ship and through customs in 15-20 minutes.

Archived