Jewel - Mystery Dinner & Chef Table

Smithster

What is the mystery dinner?

On a couple of nights on this cruise is a Mystery Theater Dinner. I guess I should of explained myself, the dinner is NOT a mystery. It is a dinner along with a show of a murder mystery. I understand it is also audience participation and kind of a funny show. At least that is what I am used to as I have been to Mystery Dinner, just not on a cruise ship.

We did the Mystery Dinner theater on the Jewel last year. It was very entertaining and funny. However, the night we went it was very crowded and we were literally squeezed in. There was very little elbow room at the large tables they use. Menu is set for appetizer and desert and you have a choice of 2 entrees. Service was impeccable. All 20 of us at our table were served the entree at exactly the same second.

I recommend you try it, but find out how full the room will be. If it is full, try to sit at the end of a table.

I did the Mystery Dinner Theater on the Jewel and had a fantastic time! Yes, the show is campy, but that's part of the appeal. If the audience is fun, you'll have a great time -- they're the ones who "make or break it", not the actors...

• 5 years later...
We are sailing March 7th and have signed up for the Mystery Dinner and also Chef's Table (I believe that is the name). Would love to hear from anyone that has previous done those Dinners aboard RCCL and even better on the Jewel?

Just did Chef's Table two weeks ago on RC. Would never cruise without booking this fabulous dinner. Wonderful!

We did the Chef's Table on the Jewel last fall and it was wonderful. We actually arranged a private one for people from our Roll Call which made it even more special than previous ones. We're planning another on our Jewel TA this fall. Can't wait.