DST to ST during Cruise

superjuice

Sorry for the acronyms but someone will know. Search for me didn't clarify.

So we are leaving March 12 on Inspiration and that night is when Daylight Saving Time reverts back to Standard Time. I know ship time is the case for most times of shore excursions but I'm wondering how this is done on Cayman or Cozumel. We probably will book independent tours so this would be a help in planning things as to not cut it too close for comfort in returning to ship.

The ship will change time at some point. Most likely it will do so Saturday night but it I can't say for sure how it will be handled.

The Cayman islands do not observe daylight saving time, they remain on eastern standard time year-round.

Cozumel does observe daylight saving time but they do not change their clocks until the end of March so the island will be on central standard time when you arrive.

llast cruise i was on it was a wed-thurs cruise and daylight savings changed in the middle ( that sunday) the ship stayed on the time when we left port on wednesday and didnt push the clocks fwd until the morning we docked...so essentially on midnight on the last wednesday it became 1am

I'm pretty sure the ship's clocks will spring ahead one hour for DST, but it could go either way - look for a reminder in the Fun Times. If it goes to DST during your cruise, it will be posted on the first page of the Saturday Fun Times.

As a pp stated, Grand Cayman doesn't observe DST, so you will be an hour ahead. Cozumel will probably not change to DST until the first Sunday in April, so you will be 2 hours ahead there.

Have a great cruise!

It doesn't matter what time it is in the ports. The vendors will work that out. You just need to know what time it is on the ship.

Actually not always correct. Last week in St Lucia the tour guide did not know and he was an hour early waiting on us.

Best to check with tour company before you get there.

Archived