Courtyard Marriott Miami Downtown & Transportation

JETninja

Wife and I are looking at a May cruise, flying ourselves from SoCal and one nite stay in Downtown. The Courtyard Marriott Miami Downtown is a newer place it looks like (2003), and I see one nite (Sat night arrival) in the $110-$130 range. They mention using a Taxi from the Airport ($20) and they can provide transportation to the port. ($5 per person)

Does anyone have any experiance with the Hotel, and do you know what they transportation they offer to the Port is? How close will it get us to the Carnival pier? (Valor)

In the past we've always allowed Carnival handle the Air/etc...but the Hotels have been unsatisfactory for the money.

Thanks!

Actually that hotel has been a Courtyard since about 2003, but it's not a totally new property, just an old building remodelled. That building was built as a Howard Johnsons in the late 60s or early 70s, I remember it when I was a little kid and it's been a few other brands since.

I don't know if they're offering "port transportation", but if they do then they'll drop you off right in front of your cruise line's terminal. The Port of Miami isn't a pedestrian friendly area, and much of it's now under construction, so they have to drop you off where your ship is. If they don't offer a port shuttle, then it's about a 10 minute cab ride.

Yeah, just found out it was built in the long ago..heavy redo in '03. I did read comfimation on the Port Transpo.....also complaints that the windows are thin..noisy area but maybe ok for one night.

• 2 weeks later...

stayed here precruise in January, no complaints with hotel, was just fine for one night, they did offer shuttle for $5 each to pier, but was long line , we just took a cab and with the tip came to same price and did not have to wait in line, much easier, they did try to "sell" there shuttle,, but just take cab faster and easier, was close to Walgreen and we did walk to Bayside, but took taxi on return, about $6.

for the Valor cruise 5/22. just wondered if maybe you had all ready tried priceline...we got the room for $60 there. I've heard that it's a decent place to stay for the money...cheap taxi fare to the pier/port and close to Bayside Marketplace for something to do in the evening. :)

just wondering which Valor sailing you're looking at as well...I'm trying to "recruit" for our "Valor~5/22" roll call on the Carnival Roll Call board. :)

hope that helps!

Archived