Buy your OBC at least 2 weeks before sailing

gargoyle999

If you are planning on buying fun ship dollars and having them applied as OBC do it at least 2 weeks before your sailing. Not only can you do it online then but within 2 weeks even if you call you have to make a copy of the front and back of your credit card and your drivers license and fax it to them.

And before you all start saying how everyone knows that..I'm here all the time and didn't know until I just called. :p

If you are planning on buying fun ship dollars and having them applied as OBC do it at least 2 weeks before your sailing. Not only can you do it online then but within 2 weeks even if you call you have to make a copy of the front and back of your credit card and your drivers license and fax it to them.

And before you all start saying how everyone knows that..I'm here all the time and didn't know until I just called. :p

Thanks for the update.......I'm here all the time too and I thought you were just SOL if you didn't get it done before 2 weeks out........

I'm doing the single digit dance today and was thinking I'd like to order from Bon Voyage......do you think it's too late for that?

I also haven't heard back from the Players Club about a Bon Voyage package and that has me concerned........I know it's only been a week since I got off my last cruise, but I emailed them as soon as I got back and should have heard something by now.

Edit to add:........I see you are 9 days out too............wanna dance..........LOL

I did get an email from the Players Club just now and I'm getting another deluxe Bon Voyage package for my next cruise.......so whoo hooo....I won't need to order anything for myself.

Plus they are going to roll out the "On Us" free drink card on the next cruise and I always get enough points to qualify for that so........my S&S card will be really low..........

I'm doing the single digit dance today and was thinking I'd like to order from Bon Voyage......do you think it's too late for that?

According to Carnival's site:

"All orders are accepted up to and no later than one week prior to sailing date."

If you were just going to order chocolate strawberries/snacks or liquor though, I think you can do that once on board too by calling room service :)

Just wanted to give an update. Now I'm not sure if I had to fax the authorization form and copy of my credit card and drivers license because it was under 2 weeks or not. That is what I was told yesterday, that it was because it was under 2 weeks.

But I just had to send it all in again because on Monday I submitted an order online for funship dollars to be applied as OBC for my March 6th cruise.

I just received an email that I needed to fax the information in for any order over $1,000 and my order is for $1,500. My order from yesterday for the Feb 27th cruise was $1,500 as well.

So the real moral of the story is if you want to buy OBC and don't want to fax things, order it more than 2 weeks before sailing and in amounts <$1,000 each. :)

Archived