Cabin Crawl/Poker Run/Slot Pull

PreciousMissy

It was fun!

Wacky Buttons- I gave them the pic I wanted and what I wanted it to say and they designed some buttons. for 35 buttons pins w/ shipping it was 18.00. So that's not expensive. Here's what it will look like.

Thanks for the idea AerynSun, hope you don't mind that I borrowed it. I bought buttons for each of our 2 upcoming cruises to give out at the meet and greet. I'm not real creative and liked your idea so my buttons are real similar. :D Can't wait to get them.

CCbutton1.jpg.dc40cd314a262ee998bbb4590b390057.jpg

CCbutton2.jpg.24ff24135df1594122d6f0767ebe5833.jpg

Thanks for the idea AerynSun, hope you don't mind that I borrowed it. I bought buttons for each of our 2 upcoming cruises to give out at the meet and greet. I'm not real creative and liked your idea so my buttons are real similar. :D Can't wait to get them.

Not at all, that's why I posted. We gotta share ideas on here. ;)

Meg

I am hosting the M&G for my sailing, and it's my first cruise ever. I've ready the M&G sticky, and I've searched the forums.

I found the basic information on the poker run, everyone pays a set amount for the pot, gets a card at each cabin that is visited (and a different deck is needed for each cabin), the host of each cabin writes down everyone's card (to prevent cheating/card switching) and at the end of the tour the person with the best hand wins...please correct me if I am wrong.

I can ascertain from this that a cabin crawl is going to the different cabin styles of those who are willing to share so that everyone has a chance to see the different types...again, please correct me if I am wrong.

What is a slot pull, and how is this organized?

Are these activities easy to plan with a larger or smaller group? I'm thinking it would be better with a smaller group.

Are activities expected at a M&G or do people like to just mingle?

Thanks

Melissa

The cabin crawl/poker run is best done on a sea day separately from your M&G. The slot pull could be done immediately after your M&G. On our cruise each of those was organized by a different person. Maybe you can get some volunteers from your Roll Call so that you don't have to do it all.

I don't think people expect activities during a M&G since that's a good time to just mingle, meeting fellow passengers.

Also, most of the time various crew members also attend and will answer questions after their introductions are finished. At one of our M&G's even the captain was there, as well as Hotel Director, Guest Relations, Cruise Director, Head Chef, and some others.

A couple more ideas...

We did a state gift exchange like previously mentioned, but we had a separate one for the kids. We limited to $10 per item. The only thing with the kids is if you have a range of ages, make sure the gift is appropriate for any age. The kids did their exchange first and then adults after that.

One time I planned a trivia game for our M & G. I thought up questions based on the ship and ports of call. I found inexpensive prizes at local stores. You can make it really simple and inexpensive by going to party stores or $1 stores. That was a lot of fun. Make sure the questions are difficult enough... remember the people attending the M & G are research type people, considering they use CC so they knew a ton of information and some questions were too easy.

Archived