Does RCCL Hold Cabins, Release, Hold, Release....?

tropiclvrs

For my upcoming Allure Cruise in May, I like to check the cabin availability almost on a daily basis to see what rooms open up in case I want to switch within the same category. However, I've been noticing that on some days there are a couple of cabins available within my category, then they are gone, then all of a sudden there a bunch available. For example, yesterday I checked and there was absolutely nothing, then this morning there were at least 20 available. Some of which I saw a few days prior, and then there were a lot that were quite new. I realize that a few could be cancellations as we haven't reached final payment time yet, but not that many! Seems awfuly strange to me. I don't see this with all the categories, just one or two of them. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening. Is RCCL doing this on purpose?

Many of the rooms you will not see, then reappear our rooms blocked by TA's then released. They can only hold them so long, so I would call RCL directly to see what is available within your category. for our TA next Oct, all rooms on the 8th Deck have been sold out for a long time, yet the only balcony rooms showing, other then a jr suite or possibly higher is D-1 Afts, which I can't believe noboday wants an aft cabin from all the raves they get.

I also believe that in America you can hold up to six cabins until you decide which one you want. So it may be those people who have held 6 then have decided on the one they want and released them. Or as has been said could be TA's holding blocks of cabins then having to release them, then booking them back again.

CK x

Archived