Radisson Miami-Downtown

ctsgop

We just returned from our cruise aboard the Majesty of the Seas. We stayed pre-cruise at the Radisson Downtown. I booked our room several months ago via Priceline for $35 per night--a tremendous bargain! The hotel is very nice with large outdoor pool. Our room was on the 17th floor with views of the port, bayside and all of downtown Miami. Next door to the hotel was a beautiful Catholic Church--we woke up Palm Sunday to the sound of the church bells and a view of the ships at port.

Our taxi fare from the airport to the Radisson was approximately $25. Taxi fare to South Beach (just 10 minutes away) averaged around $15 including tip. Taxi fare to Bayside was approx. $8 w/ tip. Bayside was anti-climatic. We spent Saturday eve there and had dinner at Bubba Gumps. It was nice to walk around, but we were ready to go after about 1/2 hour of shopping.

On Sunday evening, we had dinner at a nice little Cuban restaurant on Collins Ave at South Beach. Most dinners were under $10 and the best food we had while in Miami. It was nice to experience a little Miami culture in place of the chain restaurants located at Bayside or the extremely expensive Cafes along South Beach. If anyone is interested, the restaurant is called Puerto Seguna and is located at Collins & 7th in the South Beach area. Most of the shops (Urban Outfitters, Guess, Banana Republic) are along that same stretch of Collins Ave.

I can't say enough nice things about the hotel--especially for $35 per night.

There was also a Doubletree and Marriott next door to the Radisson--both looked to be very nice and probably had an even better view of the port and Biscayne Bay.

I give the Radisson @ thumbs up!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;4;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thanks for writing your review of the Radisson. I am also staying there pre and post cruise in September and appreciate any feedback on this hotel.

I was wondering if you could tell me if there was any stores nearby that sell Pepsi. I always bring a 12 pack with me and was wondering if I can get it by the hotel or buy it when we come from the airport.

Thanks and glad you enjoyed the hotel and cruise.

Grand Princess - Sept 2002

Voyager - Sept 2003

Explorer countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;09;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until EOS with friends from the VOS

- Sept 2004

BlueIce,

I didn't notice any store around the hotel, but that doesn't mean that there aren't any. I did notice a Burger King directly across the street--we ran over there for coffee and a cheap breakfast the day of our cruise. Our breakfast in the hotel the day before was over $60 and similar to what is available in the Windjammer once on board. I'm not a cheapskate, but $60 for eggs & pancakes for a family of 4 is a little pricey. Good thing I snagged the room for $35 per night! icon_razz.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;4;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thanks for the information.

Did you feel safe walking around the area and how did you manage to get a room with a view? Did you ask nicely or was it just lucky? What time did you check into the hotel?

Thanks for answering my questions.

Grand Princess - Sept 2002

Voyager - Sept 2003

Explorer countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;09;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until EOS with friends from the VOS

- Sept 2004

The Doubletree accross the street has a lovely market with all sorts of groceries, a deli, a bakery, really a full service market, located in the lobby! We got our soda there last cruise!

Thanks so much for taking the time and giving your review. We will be staying there the night before our cruise next month.

Ollie icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

till we start celebrating our 20th Anniversary on the

The Explorer of the Seas~~~~5/04

NCL Dawn~~~6/03

Star Cruises~~~Singapore 2001

• 4 weeks later...

Just came back from our cruise on the Paradise and we stayed at the Radisson Miami Downtown. We got this hotel on priceline for $40 plus tax. Can't beat that for a hotel in this location on a Saturday night. The hotel itself is very nice. The restaurant is very good, has an awesome brunch buffet on Sundays. The room was large. The pool is a little small, but very nice. All in all, you can't beat it for the price. It is a good location if you are taking taxis. The only thing I would caution everyone on is the transportation if you are staying here. We arranged for a hotel shuttle to pick us up from the Fort Lauderdale airport a week before our stay. They never showed and when I called, they said they didn't have a shuttle available. That left us with a $65 cab fare as opposed to the $44 shuttle fare. They also said that they had shuttles to Bayside, South Beach, and the Port of Miami. Just plan ahead - these shuttles run only every hour or sometimes every two hours. We wanted to go to Bayside on Sunday morning and rather than wait two hours for the next shuttle, the concierge told us to take the monorail that was right down the block. I did not feel safe on this at all. We were by ourselves and three people got on that were intoxicated and started bothering us. When we got off the tram we noticed that there were homeless people in the vacant lots adjacent to the station. It is easier (and probably safer) to just take a taxi. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, just don't stay here for the transportation or location.

Archived