Has anyone done the Stingray Encounter, Dolphin Swim, Turtles & Tiki Beach?

whitenack

We go on our first cruise in April and I came across this excursion option.

At first, I was planning on a dolphin encounter in Cozumel, and then an additional excursion in Grand Cayman to Stingray City. However, I saw this combo excursion, and wondered if it might be an efficient use of funds?

My only thoughts are whether 6 hours is enough time to do everything. I would hate to be rushed from one place to another.

Has anyone else done this excursion? What are your thoughts?

Is it a ship sponsord excursion?? It seems like a lot in a short time. I woud do the stingrays in GC and the dolphins somewhere else.the thing is if your late getting into port which chances are you will they will cut the times on your excursion.it seems like too much crammed into a short period.

There are many good vendors in grand cayman and we used Stingraysailing.com for our stingray and catamaran excursion for our visit. They charge 50 bucks and free ice water and fruit on board. Thay also have a washroom on the boat and do not over sell the boats.

The stingrays are up there almost with the dolphins as the best excursion you will ever do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kADRJmILCB0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8P0BLb6Vm0

Do it on your own in GC .It a good safe island and its not big. You will save a bundle. The only place I would do a ship sponsard tour is going to the ruins in belize as its deep inland. Anywhere else go independant and save your dollars. Lots of info here on the boards.

I did this excursion in January when I was on the Freedom. We were not rushed, but the last stop at the beach was only a half hour. I was so excited to go and swim with the dolphins and it turns out I enjoyed the Stingrays more...you have so much time in the water there and they just swim around you constantly it is really cool. Only down fall was we bought the cd with pictures of us with the stingrays and the standard post card pictures and all that was on the disk was the standard post card pictures when we got home. We have been trying to reach the photographer with no luck. My next option is to go back through RCI, it was such a good time, sad that those pictures were not saved to the disk properly. If you do go and you do buy the disk of pictures, make her show you they are saved on the disk before you take the disk away because after the fact doesn't seem to be working out for us.

Enjoy your trip.

Tammy

Thanks Tammy! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear (other than your trouble with the CD). We wouldn't mind to see the beach, but the rest of it will be the highlight. Plus, we will have plenty of other opportunities to lay around in the sun.

• 4 weeks later...

We are on the Freedom of the Seas in November, I was hoping to go for a Dive in Cozumel and Swim with the Dolphins and then Dive in Grand Cayman.

Does not look like we will have enough time to do what I want in Cozumel.

This tour might be a good option, I can dive in Cozmel and do this tour.

I will miss diving in GC.

Wonder if they offer the same tour independantly somewhere.:confused:

We were on Voyager of the Seas in February and were able to do this excursion. Let me say we enjoyed parts of the excursion very much.:) The problem we had was time. If you are able to leave the port in a timely manner you may have a chance to complete the day.

We were able to do the sting ray and dolphin part without any problem. The turtle farm which is across from the dolphin facility was for about 10 minutes. They had already closed and so we were rushed through there at a very fast pace. When we arrived at the beach everyone looked at their watch and asked to be taken back to the tenders. We probably arrived 30 minutes before the last tender left for the day.

I would have loved to have more time for the excursion and I would love to do it again with no time problems. I do not know who dropped the ball to get us away from the port but it was very aggravating to see the time tick away while they tried to get organized.:(

I found Fat Fish Adventures offers the Dolphin Swim and Stingray Adventure combo, notsure if this is who supplies the toure for rcl or someone else.

This might be a good option

I found Fat Fish Adventures offers the Dolphin Swim and Stingray Adventure combo, notsure if this is who supplies the toure for rcl or someone else.

This might be a good option

I just checked out Fat Fish and they are highly rated for wave runner tours of Stingray City, but I didn't see anything about the Dolphin Swim on their website.....

We used Fat Fish for Sting Ray City on the jet skis. It was O.K. I don't know if it was an off day for them or what but we only got to see a few rays. All the other rays were at the big boats. The couple that took us out did not speak much. I was a little disappointed. I had read such good reviews on Trip Advisor about getting lunch afterwards etc. but that did not happen for us :(

We used Fat Fish for Sting Ray City on the jet skis. It was O.K. I don't know if it was an off day for them or what but we only got to see a few rays. All the other rays were at the big boats. The couple that took us out did not speak much. I was a little disappointed. I had read such good reviews on Trip Advisor about getting lunch afterwards etc. but that did not happen for us :(

Thanks for the honest review. It helps to get those. Still researching.... :}

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi

Just bumping to see if anyone has done this RCI excursion more recently. Would love to hear what you thought. I am considering it as part of our FOS Western Caribbean cruise this December.

TIA

Wondering the same thing as I am considering this on my Celebrity cruise in 2013. I see Fat Fish adventures have the Sting Ray/Dolphin combo listed on their website without pricing so I will call them to get more info.

Archived