Anyone done the Stingray Encounter, Dolphin Swim, Turtles & Tiki Beach excursion?

whitenack

We go on our first cruise in April and I came across this excursion option.

At first, I was planning on a dolphin encounter in Cozumel, and then an additional excursion in Grand Cayman to Stingray City. However, I saw this combo excursion, and wondered if it might be an efficient use of funds?

My only thoughts are whether 6 hours is enough time to do everything. I would hate to be rushed from one place to another.

Has anyone else done this excursion? What are your thoughts?

I have not done this combined excursion. I recommend doing the stingrays in Grand Cayman. Best place for them. That is a lot to do in 6 hours. Hopefully someone who has done it will give you some feedback.

Agreed. We've done both of these excursions and loved both. I think a combo would be too rushed (and who goes on vacation to feel rushed?). Go with Cozumel dolphin encounter and Grand Cayman stingray city. You'll have a blast.

We did the dolphins in Cozumel. It was amazing, but the pictures were WAY overpriced! :eek:

My oldest DS and I did the stingrays in the Caymans. This too was an awesome experience.

I recommend both, but wouldn't try to do a combo thing. It would be too rushed and you'd just get a little of this and a little of that. :p

We go on our first cruise in April and I came across this excursion option.

At first, I was planning on a dolphin encounter in Cozumel, and then an additional excursion in Grand Cayman to Stingray City. However, I saw this combo excursion, and wondered if it might be an efficient use of funds?

My only thoughts are whether 6 hours is enough time to do everything. I would hate to be rushed from one place to another.

Has anyone else done this excursion? What are your thoughts?

I have done Stingray City in Grand Cayman and this is highly recommended. It can be a little overwhelming topside on the boat when you see these huge stingrays make for the boat, but it is a great experience. We were the first boat out for the day so the rays were hungry. I understand if you get a later tour there could be less rays, but believe me it is worth it. I have also done Swim with the dolphins which was with trained dolphins along with a guide. If you just swim with the dolphins (no guide, you are just put in the water with tame dolphins) the dolphins are only entertained and active with you as much as you can entertain them. Swim with the trained dolphins was more money and well worth it. We even got to be pushed through the water by the dolphins. I think they call it the dolphin surfing. Not sure about doing this as a package as things do happen and being rushed is not a thing you want. Like what happened with us one of the dolphins got loose and we had to wait till they rounded her up. It was not problem as we were first on the list, but I think some people further down on list missed out due to time constraints.

Hi Whitnack,

On our first cruise in 07, we did a combo tour in Grand Cayman which was swim with the stingrays, Hell, Rum factory and the Turtle Farm. This was through the ship. Although we enjoyed it, it felt rushed. And the only part of Georgetown we got to see was the bus rushing to get us back to the ship on time.

We did the Royal Dolphin Swim in Cozumel at Chakanaab park, not booked through RCCL as it was already sold out. We had an AMAZING time. There were 4 of us in the water with a group size of about a dozen, the trainer and 2 dolphins. We saw some of the ship groups which probably had close to 2 dozen folks in the water with their trainer and 2 dolphins. Our group spent probably close to 90 minutes in the water while the ship's group was probably less than 60.

On our sailing on FOS in April, we decided we wanted to do just the Sting Rays and be able to not feel rushed and still have time to see a little bit of the town. We booked through Capt Marvin's (through MANY recommendations of CC folks and some people on our Meet & Mingle). And since we didn't feel rushed in Cozumel, we are going to be able to do the Tulum ruins this time.

Have a super cruise. If you haven't already, check you your M&M. I would post a link for you, but I'm not sure of your sailing date.

Erika

Archived