Passing the time

Sn1ps

My soon to be wife and I are about two months out on taking our first cruise for the honeymoon. We booked in July and I coudn't wait then, now I'm about to pull my hair out. How does everything keep focused and have the time pass quickly?!?

I only have a few days to go and I think this must be the longest week in history. I'm sitting at my desk unable to work or concentrate on anything else. It's a sickness I tell ya :o

The closer it gets, the worse it gets. :eek:

I would love to hear a plan to help the time pass qucker.

Congratulations on your wedding and you will have a blast on your cruise. :)

I always look at the time in terms of holidays. Ever notice how they come and go so quickly? When I booked my upcoming cruise it was just under a year out. I look at it like this:

First there was Halloween followed very closely by Thanksgiving with Christmas right around the corner. Once you get thru Christmas what do ya know? It's a New Year! Then it's Valentines Day then the luck of the Irish it's St Patrick's Day! :D (gotta love the green beer and green bagels) Already?!?!? Then comes Peter Cottontail hopping down the bunny trail! Then before you know it it's Mother's Day followed by Memorial day and the kids are almost out of school! :eek: Then who can forget Daddy's day. Oh my what do you know it's the Fourth of July already! Summer is here and we all know how fast the summer flies by! It's Labor Day. The kids are back to school and then just a few short weeks later - I CRUISE!!!!!!!

That's how I make my time go by faster. I think I even have some of my fellow roll call cruisers adopting this way of time management.

This may not work for all but it sure works for me! Only 7 holidays left to go! :D

Well, I agree with the others, focus on the holidays as they come and go, but I also start planning my next cruise as the current one gets closer. While I'm on the current cruise I book my next (Allure 3/18/12) to get the discounted deposit and OBC, but the ship and cabin was decided upon a few weeks prior to this current cruise. It gives you something else to focus on as your current cruise is quickly approaching (in my case 19 days, yahoo!) After my LOS cruise of 3/13/11 I will have my fix for a few months just to start all over again by the fall at which time I will start looking for air fare. Some of us can't wait for a year, so they book another within a few months and the cycle continues. After all of this you realize you have become a " Cruise Hog" and you are not alone.

So off I go to bring up the luggage and start my "to do list" (10th one). LOL

Butterfly625

Start making lists for:

1. What to pack (and another list what to buy) - especially little details like specific shoes and accessories (like ties for guys and dress socks). Also little things like batteries for cameras or chargers. Our list always includes a small nightlight and a small LED flashlight.

2. Things to attend to before leaving (like stop mail and paper, lights on timers, pay bills due while gone, set heat or A/C and turn down water heater, leave emergency contact numbers, etc...)

3. Last minute check list (passports, marriage cert if name different, etc... expecially for carryon

Assemble a 3-ring binder with all documents, receipts for excursions, port notes, etc...

A couple weeks out we assemble all the clothes on our spare bed ready to pack but still visible. Then weed out about 1/3. I hate bringing home clean clothes!

Spend some time on GoogleEarth zooming in on ports. It really helps to have a sense of directions and distances. Similarly memorize ship deck plans as much as possible. If possible browse for ship pictures and even YouTube videos for ship and ports.

All these will help pass the time productively.

Archived