Shy Solo Cruiser

ali_cat

I would like to comply with this order. Let me see what I can do about my class schedule... :D

Epic on the West Med has got to be one heck of a first cruise! My cruise was all about attitude, with the attitude that I will have a great time, and I ended up having a really great time. No stress and all smiles. I'm sure you will have an excellent time. Also a word of warning from one solo first time cruiser to another; the cruising bug will bite and it will bite hard. Symptoms of varying degrees will be felt. One of mine was missing the morning ritual of having an omelet and two cups of coffee at the Lido with the sea and horizon in view (I even saw dolphins playing around one morning). There are many others. The only known cure is to go on another cruise. ;)

Oh, it better be or I'll just have spent a ton of cash for no reason!

Go for it. By the end of the year I will have done almost 30 cruises as a solo ranging from 7 to 35 days in length. The largest I've travelled on took just over 3,000 passengers and I did find it hard to meet others on that size of ship - there are too many places to go. I've found that around the 2,000 capacity is a good compromise for meeting people and still have a range of facilities.

• Look in the daily paper for the solo travellers meet if they have one.
  • Request a large table in the dining room.
  • If you want to try a speciality dining venue ask others above if they are interested. They may be too shy to go and just need someone to suggest going
  • Do fixed dining rather than freedom as you will have a group of people to meet on a regular basis

And most importantly, have a good time.

I am going on my first solo cruise in May. It is a 14 night Transatlantic in Disney. I am looking forward to relaxing and getting to know myself again.

I have linked my dining to 3 other women traveling solo, too.

I am looking forward to an adventure ALL my own. ( I am sure I will think about my husband and kids alittle..)

Archived