Any recent experience redeeming Funship $ onboard?

gargoyle999

wondering if anyone has recently tried to turn in Funship Dollars onboard at guest services? I know the instructions are to mail them but I'm going to try to turn them in at Guest Services on my Splendor cruise leaving Sunday.

Anyone been denied doing this lately? :confused:

wondering if anyone has recently tried to turn in Funship Dollars onboard at guest services? I know the instructions are to mail them but I'm going to try to turn them in at Guest Services on my Splendor cruise leaving Sunday.

Anyone been denied doing this lately? :confused:

What are fun ship dollars, why would you use them, and where do you get them?

My mom is a travel agent and checked in to that for me because I have two. If you mail them they will split the credit between whoever is in the room on their onboard account, which I don't want. You can turn them in to guest services and ask them to put them on a certain account within the cabin. that's what I'm gonna do.

What are fun ship dollars, why would you use them, and where do you get them?

The best way to get them is if someone else buys them for you! :D

Otherwise you can go here to order them: http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=giftcertificates&pid=FSD

People buy them for themselves to prepay for onboard expenses then not have as large a (or any) bill at the end. Doesn't save any money if you are buying them for yourself. It's a personal preference thing like paying off a cruise before final payment even though it doesn't save money.

The online order is for actual certificates they will mail you and the instructions are to mail them in to redeem them. They can be used towards the cost of a cruise or OBC.

But if you put "on board credit" in one address line and your booking number in the other address line they will just put it as OBC without having to get the actual certificates.

We have some DW bought before we knew about they trick to just get the OBC w/o the actual certs. I was supposed to bring them along on the last cruise we did but forgot so using them on our Splendor cruise tomorrow hopefully!

I usually just call the Funship Dollar folks at Carnival & order them to be applied directly as On Board Credit. Very quick & easy. We've also ordered them online & had it applied as OBC. It's nice to have some OBC on the S&S account, keeps that bill down a bit; I also typically pre-pay gratuities for the same reason. The few cents Carnival is making on my money doesn't bother me.

I will never order the paper certificates, have them mailed to me, mail them back or cash them in on the ship, because it is a waste of time, money & resources IMO. But it is a great gift idea for others, which is really what they were intended for.

The best way to get them is if someone else buys them for you! :D

Otherwise you can go here to order them: http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=giftcertificates&pid=FSD

People buy them for themselves to prepay for onboard expenses then not have as large a (or any) bill at the end. Doesn't save any money if you are buying them for yourself. It's a personal preference thing like paying off a cruise before final payment even though it doesn't save money.

The online order is for actual certificates they will mail you and the instructions are to mail them in to redeem them. They can be used towards the cost of a cruise or OBC.

But if you put "on board credit" in one address line and your booking number in the other address line they will just put it as OBC without having to get the actual certificates.

We have some DW bought before we knew about they trick to just get the OBC w/o the actual certs. I was supposed to bring them along on the last cruise we did but forgot so using them on our Splendor cruise tomorrow hopefully!

thanks for the explanation. I see you're a Packer backer. I'm from Chicago and a Bears fan and believe it or not I was very happy to see you guys go all the way, BUT we'll get you next year. (lol)

thanks for the explanation. I see you're a Packer backer. I'm from Chicago and a Bears fan and believe it or not I was very happy to see you guys go all the way, BUT we'll get you next year. (lol)

You're a better person then me! If the Bears would have won the championship game I would have been the #1 Steelers fan for 1 day. :p

On our cruise on the conquest last may I had a couple of paper cert's that I turned into guest services on the night of the first day. No problems, the lady didn't even blink.

However she mentioned that when we turn paper certificates in at guest services during a cruise they become "non-refundable" certificates. I looked at her funny and asked what the difference was and she couldn't really answer saying it was corporate policy yada yada yada. I had learned the trick of electronically purchasing them/adding them before and those came through as "refundable" on board credits on my ss account.

The guest service associate said that the policy of Carnival is to "use" the non-refundable credit first then the refundable credits. As my gratuities alone as we had 6 passangers on my booking sucked up most of the "non-refundable credits" anyway it didn't bother me. I've attached a copy of our sail sign bill for you to look at. You will see a $500 Non-Refundable credit line on the bill. Those were our paper certificates. It all worked out in the end.

Anon Scan of Conquest Bill - Lo Res.pdf

However she mentioned that when we turn paper certificates in at guest services during a cruise they become "non-refundable" certificates.

Thanks! That would be ok if they are non refundable. We'll have tips, chef's table and internet that will use that up. But that is good to know just in case.

Archived