Carnival Dream Cruisers

ContingentSea

We booked 7 balcony cabins on the new Carnival Magic on the 7th deck, just two decks above the Promenade that juts out. The new Magic has the new Red Frog Pub with outdoor tables, and hot tubs close by. Our cabins are right above. Was the noise level tolerable? Did you have the privacy on your balcony you expected? :confused:

Same here, we were on Deck 8 on the Dream. Yes you could hear people in the jacuzzi but it wasn't annoying to us.

I never spent much time on the balcony on the last cruise, but I particularly enjoyed sitting out there late at night with a "night cap" and enjoying the peace and quiet watching the sea and stars go by. Would you think the Promenade deck, RedFrog Pub would be disturbing? :confused:

We were on deck 7 on the Dream and I would never do that again! privacy left a lot to be desired !!! My sister was on a higher deck and they had no problems. We actually went down on the promenade right under our cabin at night and looked up --you could see right into the cabin. During the day people were sunning below us on the promenade and all their conversations were audible. Next time it will be a cove for us !

We were on deck 7 on the Dream and I would never do that again! privacy left a lot to be desired !!! My sister was on a higher deck and they had no problems. We actually went down on the promenade right under our cabin at night and looked up --you could see right into the cabin. During the day people were sunning below us on the promenade and all their conversations were audible. Next time it will be a cove for us !

Thanks, that is what I feared the most :(

I'm probably cutting my own throat in the future with cabin availability by posting this but hey we're all a family here at Cruise Critic, right?;)

I have a nice tip given to me by a travel agent years ago. If you want the most peaceful balcony cabins (which also usually have a slightly bigger balcony as well) get balcony cabins on the rear tail of the ship. Also try to pick a deck that has what I like to call a noise buffer deck in between your deck & whatever deck has all the activities.

For instance on the Dream deck 5 is the deck with a lot of activities. So we picked tail balcony cabins on the Empress Deck (deck 7). That puts deck 6 in between the noise and us.

Archived