Carnival Dream or Carnival Legend

emenheiser

We have booked the Carnival Dream to do the Western Caribbean in June 2012 and notice that the Legend does a similar itinerary a day later. I'm wondering if we should switch ships. Which ship is better??? There are 7 of us traveling...2 grandparents and a family of 5, with 3 kids who will be 12, 10, and 6. Thanks so much for your help!

Depends on your ship preference. These 2 are like comparing apples and oranges. Dream holds almost 1500 more pax then Legend. If you are all about the allure of something giant and brand new, then stay on Dream. The best I can describe Legend is that it isn't too big and it isn't too small. Just right! I personally found the Spirit class ships (i.e.- Legend) to have the easiest to navigate layout. Never got lost.

Good Luck in your decision!!

Depends on your ship preference. These 2 are like comparing apples and oranges. Dream holds almost 1500 more pax then Legend. If you are all about the allure of something giant and brand new, then stay on Dream. The best I can describe Legend is that it isn't too big and it isn't too small. Just right! I personally found the Spirit class ships (i.e.- Legend) to have the easiest to navigate layout. Never got lost.

Good Luck in your decision!!

It's MORE than 1500 ! Or at least for us it was. Most recent Legend trip, 2,200. Our Dream trip 4,400. On one we felt like people, on the other we felt kinda fishy.....like sardines !

I had the same debate MONTHS ago and chose the Legend. I have heard great things about the lay out of the ship and we could get a nicer cabin for what I had to spend. We also liked the lesser number of passengers.

Have a great trip whichever you choose...

I am having the same issue. I chose the Dream but I keep looking at the reviews about the Dream and I am thinking of booking the Legend. I would like to have a seaside theater though. I don't believe the Legend had that. I know it sounds crazy but I really enjoy it at night.

My wife and I have just got off the Dream this morning.Kind of tired from traveling,but I have to say the Dream is too big,to many people.The lido on sea days is just awful.Its so crowded, its really uncomforable to be there.They have a pretty good pasta bar, but it took over a half an hour to get served.We had a cove balcony about mid ship.On sea days you can eat in the main dinning room for lunch.That sounds cool except for the long hike you have to take to the back dinning room.Its just too big.We have been on the legend three times,and we will be on her again.Pass on the Dream.Go on the legend.There were 4400 passengers and 1400 crew members.Kids were running unsupervised till 2:30 in the morning.Security did not do their jobs.The Matre d in the dining roon was also worthless.On sea days, it wasnt just hard to get a deck chair at the pool, it was hard to get one anywere on board.Seems like they just added a whole lot more passengers but no more pools or lido space then the Glory.Tampa is an easyer port to get to if you fly.From Orlando we took a bus.Just kind of a pain in the butt.We have been on 18 cruises, and the Dream to us was the worse.Alot of people had the same complaints on board.Oh yeah, that bad smell on deck two is really there,as others have posted.For us, never again on the dream.

We also have sailed on both several times & prefer the Legend to the Dream.

The fares on the Legend are also lower by about $200 PP which for us is alot of $$$!

We tried the Dream as it was a new ship when we first sailed her but we do enjoy the smaller capacity of the Legend & it just came out of dry dock so she will be new & fresh looking with hopefuly new matresses.

Our cruise in April this year is on the Dream & the next ones are booked back on the Legend thru 4/13.

Our home base is in the Daytona Beach area so either is a nice drive for us.

Enjoy !!

I was considering the Dream for Oct 2012, but I am also interested in Legend based on itinerary and price. I have read many reports of the Legend having an older crowd, we do like to have some action and not be the only 30's-40's couple on board. LOL What is everyone's opinion regarding the mood on the Legend?

I was considering the Dream for Oct 2012, but I am also interested in Legend based on itinerary and price. I have read many reports of the Legend having an older crowd, we do like to have some action and not be the only 30's-40's couple on board. LOL What is everyone's opinion regarding the mood on the Legend?

We were on Legend last May and will be going again this May. Yes, there were plenty of "older" people on that cruise but also a lot of youngish adults too. It was a nice mix, and the ship wasn't dead by any means.

We sailed on the Dream from 19-26 Feb 11. My review is pending. I'd avoid the Dream at all costs. It is too big and too crowded. I recommend a Disney cruise since you are taking children. Kids made our trip extremely disappointing on sea days...we couldn't get a seat anywhere due to the sheer number of children on the ship. Camp Carnival and Club O2 is a joke. You are better served by Disney. Save up the extra cash and make your grandchildren happier by going with experts on children's vacations!

I hope there are no fees$ for changing to the Legend ?

The intinerary is also different by one port - you lose Costa Maya & gain Grand Cayman. No big deal as we prefer Grand Cayman & snorkeling at Eden Rock for free & a short walk to your right from where the tender docks.

Bill in FL

No fees and a reduction in our costs! So happy! We spent a week on Grand Cayman and LOVE it! We have also spent time in Playa del Carmen (which is pretty much Costa Maya) and enjoyed it, but we will get our "Mexican fix" in Cozumel! We did do a Disney cruise, and honestly didn't find it worth the extra money. My kids found plenty to do on Fantasy and I'm sure will enjoy the Legend! Thanks again for all the feedback!!

Archived