ES denial question

steelcity5044

Does this sound right? My friend booked by phone thru Carnival. She is booked ES. Price for her same category on the Pride has now dropped $350 total. But when she submitted a request for the price match she was declined. They told her that there are only 4 cabins on the Pride like the one she has(4 people in the odd shaped Aft cabin) so they do not price match on those cabins. Even though that same category has availability. Is this correct?

Here's what Carnival's FAQ says on the subject:

What is the price protection assurance feature?

If, after booking, you find a lower Carnival advertised fare, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: i) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests; ii) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate; and iii) a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.

Funny, I never noticed the language about the fuel supplement before. I wonder, if they reinstate it will it reduce your ability to get price drops?

If the other cabins will not hold 4 people then that is correct. On our upcoming cruise, I have 3 cabins, and the one with 3 people is sold out in our category. So, you have to check the number of people as well as the category. So frustrating.

That could be it too, that its not for the same number of pax in the cabin.

getting it from someone who got it from someone etc ...leaves out some of the details Im sure.

Archived