Lois..

zurmoly

Lois, what are you doing on the Princess board, surely not looking for me? lol

To answer your question, our cruise was very nice. The Carribean Princess is the biggest ship we have ever sailed. I felt it to big for me, a few times I felt the ship "crowded". Our cabin steward was great but there were many times I felt the crew aloof, as I am pretty friendly and say hello to everyone. The food was ok but Celebrity wins over Princess for sure. The drinks are cheaper the Celebrity with the Martini's costing around 4.50. The spa, which was recently taken over by Steiner was very "closed in", but nice. The spa area has it own pool. The outside movie screen was great as were the pools (4) (freshwater) and PC dinning. Would I sail this ship again? I do not think so. We like a smalller ship but chose Princess because of the anytime dinning (which was great), fresh water pools, etc. Aren't you glad you asked? With all that said, Celebrity (Century) is our favorite still but choices are becoming slim. Next, we are thinking the NCL DAWN from NY for 11 nights.

Don't you have two cruises booked now? Is not one next week? :)Jan

Hi Z:) good morning. I was asking about you on the hotel forum:D when I saw you had returned!

Everytime I have seen that ship in port she looks SO BIG TO ME.

So, she is big LOL. It is good to know what is NOT appealing!;)

Oh yes, I sail on SATURDAY:D :)

We sailed on the Caribbean Princess a couple of weeks ago. I thought the ship absolutely beautiful. As for the big screen, we did not utilize it much because the temperature was a little cool when we sailed. I wish that Celebrity's martinis were a bit more reasonable in price, on the Caribbean Princess they were half the price. The coffee was just awful. For the life of me I can't understand why they do not improve it, because everyone complains about it. The food while good did not compare with Celebrity. My DH was anxious to try the anytime dining. Would you believe every day he would say "why don't we plan on eating dinner at 8:30 pm tonight". Hallo, isn't that our usual time on Celebrity, LOL! Would we book on Princess again? Yes, if the ports were what we were looking for and Celebrity wasn't going there. One more problem that we will have to take into consideration is can we get a decent price on future Celebrity cruises now that TAs can't discount.

Hi Seagulls:) Oh that is right, you had cancelled your X cruise and went with Princess! Glad you had a good time.

Z, Western this time.:) And they have a new excursion in Cozumel that sounds really fun~Mexican Cuisine Workshop and Tasting. You cook your own food and eat too:D

Lois, that sounds like fun..Well you are just the cruisin queen..Seagulls, yes it is a lovely ship and we did enjoy the anytime dinning, but to big for us. We would sail Princess again. Sailing from NY is a plus for us. Just came home last week and thinking of another...

Archived