Doubletree Biscayne Bay

sammat

Great hotel - I stay there when on business in Miami. POM view from some rooms. :D Large rooms with a very large bathroom and great bed.

The convenience stores in the underground areas are an option for last minute supplies, and while they can be pricey they are still cheaper than the stores on the ship. The bar/restaurant inside the Doubletree lobby is very good or walk a couple of blocks to Biscayne and 18th an dine at Bin 18 -- great food and an amazing wine and beer list! :cool:

A taxi form MIA should cost you about $25+ tip and another $10 cab ride will get you to POM in the morning. Good luck! :)

We are thinking of booking a room at the Doubletree Biscayne Bay for one night. Would appreciate any comments.

I would have to echo John's statements and have always enjoyed my stays there. My perspective could be skewed, though, since we were Hilton Diamond Members and they upgraded us to a corner suite with a bay view.

One thing I didn't like was they do not own their own parking and the folks there can be a bit of a pain to deal with at times. They charge $26 per night for parking if you have a rental car.

The Doubletree Grand basically shares a building with the Marriott and next door to their side of the building is an apartment building with a hidden gem up on the 9th floor, an Irish Pub poolside.

http://www.mikesvenetia.com/

Archived