Need Help with Tour

spohttey

There are 3 of us - DH, DD(18) and me. We will be in St. Martin in August on the Dream. This is our first time in St Martin. we are trying to decide on a day trip. Since we have never been there, we are interested in seeing the sights, hearing about the history and hitting a beach for a couple of hours for swimming and snorkeling.

Based on what I have read here, I contacted Joyce Prince, but she is already booked that day.

I have read about Bernards, but I am a little afraid of a "booze cruise" atmosphere with DD in tow. Plus, she has autism, and noisy people and places make her anxious. So, the Maho Beach part of Bernards tour is not a good idea.

We could hire a taxi driver, but how do we ensure that our driver will actually know something about the island and doesn't have the personality of a bed bug? (for purposes of this discussion, let's assume that bed bugs have dull personalities.)

There was another tour company mentioned on this board, but no one had anything good to say.

So, what should we do? Any ideas?

Bernard's does do private tours for as many or as few as you would like. I don't know what the price would be- you may just want to email him and explain your circumstances and ask- it couldn't hurt. If you do a private tour, you can set the itinerary you like as to avoid the noisy and congested places. Good luck! :)

Wedid the tour with 2 dd's 15 and 14 at the time and it is fine. They still talk about bernards like it was the greatest thing.it's not all party like your thinking.u make it what it is . Email Bernard and let him know the circumstances and he may take u personally .

It's too bad that Joyce wasn't available, as that could have been a perfect fit.

I've recommended using the Taxi Association for a walk-up tour choice, as they advertise several on their website.

For you, I'd suggest the Circle Tour for $120 for the three of you, and then asking to be dropped at the Divi Little Bay Resort instead of back in Philipsburg. Even if you have to pay a few dollars extra that might work.

It's an ok beach, and usually fairly quiet and it might have some decent snorkeling off to the left.

It should cost $12 for you to get back to Philipsburg or the Cruise Facility after your visit.

gary

Archived