Let's talk song choices...

What did everyone else pick for their special songs at the wedding reception?

My choices are:

First Dance: I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing, sang by David Cook

Father/Daughter(my daughter and fiance): Cinderella, by Steven Curtis Chapman

I am going to have edited "I'm on a Boat" Lonely Island feat. T-Pain played at some point during the reception. I am not going to give a specific time, so I'll be surprised, too.

Thanks for posting that! I almost forgot. Keith, my fiance, wants to have the original Simple Man, by Lynyrd Skynyrd, played at some point in the wedding in memory of his mom. I'm SO glad you reminded me.

I'm on a Boat was an idea that I had. We aren't going to tell anyone about it and just let it be a surprise, his step mom would probably flip out if she knew about it ahead of time. I asked him what he thought the grandparents reaction would be, and he just laughed. I did find an edited version of it, after much, much searching, so it's kid (and elderly) friendly. haha

The only song I have picked out is "Adored" by collective soul. I want to walk down the aisle to that song instead of the wedding music. I love yalls idea to play "im on a boat"!!! lol thats gunna be a fun one!!! :)

The only song I have picked out is "Adored" by collective soul. I want to walk down the aisle to that song instead of the wedding music. I love yalls idea to play "im on a boat"!!! lol thats gunna be a fun one!!! :)

I know! I get excited whenever I think about it. I can't wait to see my future stepMIL's face.

My bridal party walked down to Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow played in the movie 50 first dates. I walked down to the instramental called "Your So Cool" it was from the movie True Romance. (No not a movie themed wedding, it just worked out that way after listening to hundreds of songs, I wanted a beachy sound, and these two were it). The recessional was to I'm Yours - Jason Mraz, they also played this again while we were taking photo's at the alter.

First dance was Better Together - Jack Johnson

Father Daughter was I Loved Her First - Heartland

Mother Son was his mom's choice and I had never heard of it.

And my little secret was the entrance music into the reception when the bridal party and us were introduced. NO ONE knew my music choice except for my husband, all I told everyone is that they had to promise to dance in, or be silly, and I told te photographer to be ready.

I made them all enter into Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake, they all about died of embarrasment, but it was priceless!!!!! And got the party started.

My husband and I entered the reception to Glee's version of Another One Bites the Dust, but that was more for an inside joke that I didn't expect anyone to understand, but again got a laugh.

My bridal party walked down to Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow played in the movie 50 first dates. I walked down to the instramental called "Your So Cool" it was from the movie True Romance. (No not a movie themed wedding, it just worked out that way after listening to hundreds of songs, I wanted a beachy sound, and these two were it). The recessional was to I'm Yours - Jason Mraz, they also played this again while we were taking photo's at the alter.

First dance was Better Together - Jack Johnson

Father Daughter was I Loved Her First - Heartland

Mother Son was his mom's choice and I had never heard of it.

And my little secret was the entrance music into the reception when the bridal party and us were introduced. NO ONE knew my music choice except for my husband, all I told everyone is that they had to promise to dance in, or be silly, and I told te photographer to be ready.

I made them all enter into Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake, they all about died of embarrasment, but it was priceless!!!!! And got the party started.

My husband and I entered the reception to Glee's version of Another One Bites the Dust, but that was more for an inside joke that I didn't expect anyone to understand, but again got a laugh.

I hadn't even thought about an entrance song. Thanks for posting, now I need to think about it. Maybe we should use I'm on a Boat for one of the entrance songs... or "You Think You're Cooler Than Me." Maybe "U Can't Touch This." I need to think of something great.

Thanks for posting that! I almost forgot. Keith, my fiance, wants to have the original Simple Man, by Lynyrd Skynyrd, played at some point in the wedding in memory of his mom. I'm SO glad you reminded me.

I'm on a Boat was an idea that I had. We aren't going to tell anyone about it and just let it be a surprise, his step mom would probably flip out if she knew about it ahead of time. I asked him what he thought the grandparents reaction would be, and he just laughed. I did find an edited version of it, after much, much searching, so it's kid (and elderly) friendly. haha

Where did you find the censored version, if you dont mind me asking?

To be completely honest with you I don't remember exactly where I found it, but iTunes didn't have it. Amazon sales what is said to be the entire clean CD, though. I just had a hard time believing that it was really the clean CD because I couldn't find it on iTunes either.

It's not nearly as funny as the original version, but we are going to have a lot of kids at our wedding, so I couldn't use the original.

I hadn't even thought about an entrance song. Thanks for posting, now I need to think about it. Maybe we should use I'm on a Boat for one of the entrance songs... or "You Think You're Cooler Than Me." Maybe "U Can't Touch This." I need to think of something great.

I LOVE the "You Think Your Cooler Than Me" idea!!!!!! i wish I would have thought of that ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived