NYC Pier Debarkation Question

wiselindag

I am debating driving vs. car service for the Jewel and think I will drive since I keep reading that it's difficult to know exactly what time we will actually debark (and therefore difficult to tell the car service when and where to meet us). The last time we drove, we just took our suitcases upstairs to the parking deck and drove off, but that was my husband, son and I, so it was easy.

Here's the question:

I am traveling with an 83 year old woman who will require a wheelchair for debarkation because she's frail and it will be difficult for her to stand on line, walk a distance, handle the crowd, etc. If she has a wheelchair and I get a porter for the bags, will the wheelchair person and the porter both wait with her somewhere while I go and get the car? In that case, where would I pick her and the bags up? Is it possible that they could come with me in the elevator up to the parking area? Has anyone had experience with this? Thanks for any help on this!

you can bring the chair and the luggage right up to the car park. there is a elevator to both....which you will need to take anyway from the first floor to get up stairs and you might as well take them all right to the car.

Archived