Zuiderdam- What is that thing ????

Question for you HAL experianced cruisers please. We are sailing on the Zuiderdam 3/19 in cabin 4180, an aft S suite with wrap around deck. We see from the pictures that several have been kind enough to post of our cabin and we are excited about the cruise. But question is " what is that contraption on the side of our verandah ? It is white and made of steel, large enough for a person to stand in. Any clues would be appreciated.

Volendam Alaska 2002

Zuiderdam Western Carib. 2004

That is correct, it is some sort of trolly that runs, on a track, down the side of the ship designed to carry a person. I suppose it could be used for washing window, painting or any other form of maintenance. We were in the balcony right above and I remember thinking how annoyed I'd be if this was obstructing my view. It seems like they should "park" it further up the side near the divider. It wouldn't be so much in the way up there.

I guess on any functional ship, your going to have certain rigging and other fixtures that affect cabins. It's always nice to know about these little things when choosing your cabin.

Tim

Archived