Dolphin swim in Nassau/Dawn

327Cruiser

Think we read in a thread that it was possible to do a dolphin swim in Nassau when the Dawn stops there. Would really appreciate hearing more detail from anyone who's done it recently.

--How do you book the swim (email address, website), if not via the Dawn?

--How much does it cost vs. the encounter?

--How do you get to and from the facility, if not via the Dawn?

--What's the facility like?

By the way, my younger child is 8, if that affects what kind of dolphin experience is available to him.

Thanks in advance. Only 3 weeks to go before we discover the Dawn!

dolphinencounters

We did this while on HAL Zuiderdam this past Thanksgiving. Booked online, mailed in check, took taxi to Paradise Island Ferry Terminal, ferry to Blue Lagoon (included in ticket), participated in the dolphin SWIM, ferry back that stopped at ferry terminal and then cruise ship dock. Cruise ship passengers on our ship were only able to book the ENCOUNTER but the ferry took them back directly to the ship pier. They instructed cruiseship passengers to stay on and not get off at the ferry terminal, so that saved us the cab fare back to the ship.

I posted a pretty lengthy review on the Nassau boards or you can search my previous posts. Hubby paid $20 to go as an observer (and my photographer :) ) and we booked that when we booked my swim. HAL did not offer the Observer option either - only the Encounter.

We both feel it was worth every penny. :)

After re-reading I guess I should clarify -

HAL offered the Encounter as an excursion but NOT the swim. The Encounter through HAL was about the same price as the Swim when booking independently. So the cruiseship passengers I was referring to had booked their excursion (encounter) through the cruiseline versus through Blue Lagoon directly like we did for the swim.

Archived