First time considering FOCL, some advice pls

diplomats

Greetings experienced Fred Olsen fans. I am very interested in Fred Olsen, having read many of the comments of its galaxy of fans and given our interest in smaller ships. We enjoyed a cruise on P&O thoroughly and expect the same atmosphere on FOCL. One question, several reviews comment on the decision to cruise with FOCL, even on an itinerary recently cruised, due to "newspaper" adverts offering especially conducive fares. The question, Is it good strategy to wait to book FOCL until the last minute when these special fares are announced, and perhaps more importantly, how can a yank, with no access to UK newspaper, learn of the special offers. We are considering one of the December cruises to the Canaries, especially the Dec 20 on Bodicca. Appreciate any thoughts. thanks.

Well you can book on this website - there are also others that spring to mind - ROL and Gills or book direct with Fred (most expensive option). You seem to have made up your mind about cruising with Fred and I must admit that we love it. I realise that other people have different likes and dislikes so I would not presume to recommend it to you above another cruise line. We just have a great fear of the huge cruise ships with apartment blocks stuck on the top. We have always found very nice people on Fred's ships (and exceptional staff) and they are just that, 'ships'. Beware - they can be adictive!! Hope you book your cruise and trust you will love it - Balmoral is our favourite but they are all lovely.

Sorry no "Yanks" allowed :D Only a joke...........

Anyway to your question, I would not wait until the last minute with Fred Olsen, other lines yes but not Fred.

They are very popular with many repeat bookings I have found. If you are not fussy about the itineray or which cabin then ok.

You will find Fred Olsen a touch more sedate and Country House style than P&O, but Fred Olsen are excellant, proper cruising not Las Vegas raz amataz and rock walls but stylish and a well mannered ambience.

By the way I love Las Vegas but in Las Vegas not on a cruise ship:)

Hope you have a good time, I can assure you, you will be made real welcome on a Fred Olsen ship.

Take it easy.

Archived