Live from the Magica

crenee44

We are having a great time on our trip so far.

Our pre-cruise time in Rome was wonderful with a night at the Hotel Abruzzi and a walking tour of ancient Rome with Jimmy from Roman Empire Tours. I highly recommend both.

Embarkation was a breeze. We left Rome about 1:45 and when we got there there were only a handful of other guests in the boarding area. We were able to walk right up the counter and were on the ship in no time. Our cabins were ready and our bags beat us there.

The ship is comfortable, even if it is a bit confusing. The staff has been great. They seem to stay more in the background than on the other US based cruises I’ve been on, but I guess that is a more European thing. But they are friendly when you approach them and most importantly good at their jobs. The food has been more hits than misses…but I think some of group are starting crave more familiar foods, like steak. I am gluten free and they have been FANTASTIC in that area. I had a welcome basket with GF treats in the cabin when we arrived and they have a special menu for me at lunch and dinner with a couple different choices. They even bring me GF bread and dinner rolls that are so good, even the gluten eaters keep trying to steal them, lol. Oh yeah, tap water is free in the MDR and available at the buffet each time I have checked.

The highlight so far has been Cagliari which was the replacement for Tunis. We took a Segway tour with New Way Sardinia. It was a blast, a great way to see the beautiful city and really reasonably priced.

I’m not sure how much I’ll be checking in since internet time is expensive and we are saving most of it for DH and work. But I’ll try to come back and answer any questions if I get the chance.

Archived