Trundle for an adult?

RedbirdFL

I'm booking a May cruise on the Sensation and was planning to get an interior room to save money, but it looks like with 3 people, the only kind of interior room I can book online is a room with 2 twins and a trundle bed.

The cruise is for me, DH and DD (a tall 19 year old). I'm the smallest of the 3 of us, so I will probably be the one to sleep on the trundle if we book that room.

Can an adult comfortably sleep on a trundle bed?

If I called Carnival, would they book us in a room with 2 uppers, or are we taking a chance we'd get bumped for a larger family? So far, the cruise doesn't seem very full.

Some cruises you cant book 3 in a quad, depends on if its blocked or not. Assuming you could book a quad (I was able), yes there is always a risk of getting bumped, but what is the downside?? You cant get a worse cabin to me, but then some might think location more important than I do.

My PVP could not tell which cabins had trundles vs rollaways, so Im not sure how you determined it would be a trundel. Didnt look like a bed I would want down on the floor.

I knew it was a trundle because I was booking the room and the website gave a warning that the 3rd bed would be a trundle. It also listed the dimensions of the trundle, but I can't remember them right now. I googled to find the dimensions of a twin mattress, and the trundle was quite a bit smaller. Best I can remember, it was about 3 inches shorter, and about 8-10 inches narrower.

The narrower part is the main part I'm worried about, if ya know what I mean. :o

last May we had a the 3rd person Trundle bed with Me and the Wife on the big bed and my Son on the Trundle. The bed was down close to the floor and on the shorter side but was pretty comfy. But a tall 19 yr old may hang off the end some. But if the price is right and he can put up with that for a few days I would say Go For It!

Archived