Sensation Review - Too Looooonnnngggg

crzmom

Wendy,

We are going to NO on 4/2/05 before we sail out on the SENSATION on 4/4/05. We are statying at LaQuinta on 301 canel.

When you were in NO what transportation didyou use to get around the FQ? Were you close enoght to walk?

How did you get to the port on the day of th embarkment?

I though maybe we could take the trollie but didn't know because of the luggage thought probably have to take a taxi?

any blues type restaurants to visit why in NO. We have not a clue what to do in NO. We will have half of Saturday and all day sunday and Sunday night.

thanks for your story it really helps.

We will be on the same cruise!!

I really enjoyed the information about the Sensation! I, too am interested in spending some time in NOLA the day we come back as out flight doesn't leave til 4:30. Where do we go on the ship to get them to forward our luggage to the airport?

Where do we go on the ship to get them to forward our luggage to the airport?

This is the first I've heard of Rush-It, for twenty bucks it sounds like a good deal for somebody returning on a later flight.

we sent them on ahead to the airport with the Rush-It service because our return flight wasn't until 2:45 p.m.....

We loved that Rush-It service. For $20 they will take 3 pieces to the airport and store if for you until you’re ready for your flight. Each additional bag was $5. It was an extremely convenient service.

I also would like to know more about this. Do you arrange for courier service in advance? How do you get your bags back and checked in when you get to the airport?

Another post had this number for Rush-It Service, 504-471-0080. Rush-It was described as being on the pier. We're leaving in a couple of weeks and I think I'll call soon and check it out. I'm wondering if they offer the same service at the airport as we're arriving very early.

Will be on the Sensation soon and have an ocean view room. Wondering if they have a refrigerator or not, I'm assuming all rooms have a TV.

First time on Sensation and have enjoyed all the reviews and comments.

No refrigerator in an OV... but my experience with the fridge is it's not worth it... it doesnt keep anything cold... don't worry, you will love the Sensation! She is my first love! The rooms have a TV... I swear, I LOVE that ship!!!!!!!

Hi Wendy,

Just wanted you to know that we didn't ditch you guys, we actually looked all over the ship for you and Chris the rest of the cruise. We must have just been missing each other.

But I do have to tell you that the highlight of our trip was the day at Tapas with you two. Chris keeps telling everyone I tried to marry a Mexican!! LOL

I'm glad I found your post -- I've been searching for you the past couple of days, again looking in all the wrong places.

Anyway just wanted to drop you a line to say hi! I didn't get any pictures of Chirs and I together at Costa Maya and I know your Chris took one of us, would you be willing to send me a copy and if so a picture of you two also.

This weekend I found the flower that Alan made me, I took it to work with me today and every time I looked at it I remember that wonder beach and company, the flower made me smile.

Keep us posted and who knows maybe sometime we could hook up on another cruise together.

Marla

Carole,

We have a group of us also going on the Sensation April 9th. I know 6 of our cabins are on the Empress deck. There is a couple more cabins in our group, but I'm not sure which deck they are on. We have a total of 17 people. Which cabin are you in? We have a variety of ages also (18-40 something). We can't hardly wait. I've already started packing. well, sorting through some things. Hope we all have a great time, even if our ship rocks a little bit.

Lisa

Hi All:

Our computer broke & has been in the shop for the past week. Sorry for the delayed response to your questions.

Kay129: I hope your TA was able to change your room. If not, bring some earplugs!

Kallie05: If you buy the Drink of the Day it’s around $6. Once you have that day’s cup, you can refills on that drink for $4.50 plus tip. I’m sorry I don’t remember the exact figures, I didn’t drink that much.

We have always taken vodka or rum in our luggage with us. We mix it with the free lemonade or buy a soda. We just put it in the closet in our cabin, our cabin stewards never care.

As far as dinner attire, most people wear slacks/capris and a blouse. It was quite casual. I wore capris and a nice summer sweater or blouse most nights. I also wore a sundress one night.

As far as your questions about the ports:

Calica: We’ve never been there. I’m sorry I can’t answer your question.

Cozumel: We’ve been to both Chankanaab & PB. Chankanaab is more “rustic”. The chairs are the molded plastic seats that sit in the sand. The snorkeling was fun, but I’ve heard a lot of people weren’t impressed. We saw plenty of fish, a canon that was underwater & a couple of other fun things. We have only snorkeled in Maui a number of times, in Grand Cayman and in Cozumel, so we don’t have a ton of experience. We had a great time Chankanaab. (We enjoyed their margaritas, but didn’t eat there.)

PB: It was more of an American beach. It had nice lounge chairs, umbrellas, and modern bathrooms. The iceberg and trampoline were in the water. It was a very relaxing day. We had a great time.

So, which do I prefer? I can’t really decide. I’m very glad I went to both of them. When we chose Chankanaab, we were looking for more of an adventure. We went to PB when we wanted a fun, relaxing day on the sand. (Plus the food was good.) I do think both were tropical, but Chankanaab was more “old world” Mexico.

Sorry, we haven’t fished, so I can’t give you any ideas there.

In NO we walked around the French Quarter. The only times we used a taxi was from the airport to the hotel and the hotel to the port. There is so much to see, walking is the best way to do it. Everything is close, you aren’t walking for miles. I hate exercise, and this definitely didn’t qualify as such. You are walking at a slow pace, stopping in shops, pausing at restaurants to read the menus posted, etc. It isn’t strenuous. Do a search in this forum on NO. Cotton and others suggested some really good restaurants for us to go to. I’ve also seen a number of previous posts with some great suggestions about tours, etc that are great fun there.

Well, I hope I’ve answered everyone’s questions. Sorry for the delay. I must admit, not having a computer for a week was torture!!! You don’t really realize how much you use it until it’s gone.

Wendy

Marla!!!!

I can't believe we kept missing each other on the boat. My husband drove me crazy - he kept walking around the boat searching for you guys.

We had so much fun in C.M. with you guys. As for you marrying Fernando, maybe the two of us could move to Utah with him. I can share!

My email is sterner6854@sbcglobal.net. (Now that I've posted that in a public forum I'm probably going to get 10,000 spam letters.) Send me your email address & I will have Chris email you some of his pictures from that day. As I mentioned, our computer has been down for a week. We still can't send emails (only receive them). As soon as it's running again we'll get the pics out to you.

Next year we might go to an all inclusive resort in Puerta Vallarta. We've heard a lot of good things about it & it's really inexpensive. (Especially considering it includes drinks.) But our neighbors (who we've vacationed with in the past) really want to cruise again. Once we've figured out what we're doing, we'll let you know. The more the merrier!

Say "hi" to Chris for us!!

Wendy

Hi:

You don't even need to call Rush It in advance. In fact, if you call, they don't even take any information from you. They just tell you that a booth will be available to take your luggage when your cruise is over. They have a booth set up right by the doors outside the terminal. Don't worry - there's only one set of doors to exit through in N.O. They were on the left hand side about 15 feet from the doors outside. You can't miss them. You just walk up to them & tell them how many bags you have. They have you fill out a couple of forms & then take your luggage to the airport for you. When we were done in N.O. we went to their office in the airport & picked up our bags. They were very fast, efficient and friendly. It was well worth the money!

W.

Crzmom,

No luck on changing the room :) In fact my sly TA told me many of her clients enjoy those rooms (yeah, right.) But as it was posted to me on another thread, I *did* book guarantee, and I truly will be happy with whatever I get. I'll be on vacation! Thanks for the great review btw, it sounds like I'll have a lot of fun on the Sensation!

Think we seriously need earplugs? Any other recs for things to bring to survive that room ?!?!?:D

Thanks

K

Kay,

If you drink enough margaritas you won't notice the rattling! LOL

Like I mentioned, if the rattling of the lattice over the lights bothers you, just place a shoe or some other heavy object on it & the rattling stops.

As for the earplugs, if you're a heavy sleeper they won't be necessary. Otherwise, it can't hurt to bring them along. I wish I had. (Or at least asked the purser's desk for some.)

Either way, you will have a blast. Have a great attitude & you'll have a great time! I wish I was going with you, I'd even be willing to stay in that room again.

Have fun!

W.

How was the snorkel trip you took in Cozumel? I can't remember, did you use Eagle Ray Divers? Just curious.

W.

I recommend Eagle Ray Divers! We went to 2 different reefs and saw alot of different fish, a whole field of star fish, a couple of lobsters, two moray eels, the big rainbow parrot fish. They took us to unpopulated areas. Chellie and Antonio were great -- we were supposed to do 3 reefs but because the water was choppy and it was chilly they refunded us the price of the last reef, which I thought was very generous. The best thing of all – there were only eight people total. If anyone is interested look at their website. www.eagleraydivers.com

Carole,

We have a group of us also going on the Sensation April 9th. I know 6 of our cabins are on the Empress deck. There is a couple more cabins in our group, but I'm not sure which deck they are on. We have a total of 17 people. Which cabin are you in? We have a variety of ages also (18-40 something). We can't hardly wait. I've already started packing. well, sorting through some things. Hope we all have a great time, even if our ship rocks a little bit.

Lisa

MyDH and two teen daughters will also be on the sensation on the 9th! we are on the Empress deck as well.

kathy

Archived