Horseback Riding?

eileen miller

I have searched and searched but cannot seem to find any specific info about horseback riding at Half Moon Cay. I printed the excursion booklet but didn't see anything. I specifically would like to know how much and can my 8 year ride? Thanks so much for helping a newbie to this site!

If you go to the HAL website, click on destination, caribbean and then pick your cruise. Click on the itinerary of your cruise and click on Half Moon Cay, it will give you the excursions there. Then what you need to do is find the horseback riding and it will give you a description and how much it costs.

Well hello there. I did the horseback riding excursion a few weeks ago on HMC. I suppose the question would be has your 8 year old riden before or how brave are they?

When I was there there was a girl in our group who was supposed to go but ended up not becuase of booking issues who was a very small 14 or so. The trail ride part of the ride isnt bad at all as long as your little one knows to hold on and let the horse do its thing down the steep hills. The wrangers were pretty good about keeping close to the people who didn't know what they were doing.

For the water part the wranger would most likely leads your child's (sorry..boy?girl?) horse right next to the lead horse so that if they were to fall off they could be quickly scooped up.

If your kid is the type who thinks that things like snowboarding, rollerblading and such are great fun even when they fall then I bet they would love this excursion. Low chance of falling off while on the trail ride. Higher chance in the water :)

More questions? just ask :)

Archived