celebrations on board

ladyruby

were away begining of october this yr and members of our cruise party are celebrating birthdays around that time first one is a 40th! end of sept and second a 21st! beging of nov so is it possible to get any perks on board to celebrate ? or it it only birthdays that happen whilst at sea?

thanks for help :D

were away begining of october this yr and members of our cruise party are celebrating birthdays around that time first one is a 40th! end of sept and second a 21st! beging of nov so is it possible to get any perks on board to celebrate ? or it it only birthdays that happen whilst at sea?

I believe it is only if your actual birthday falls during the cruise. We were on a cruise a couple of years ago and a friends birthday was the week before our cruise. She did mark it in the personalizer (picked a date as her birthday). Nothing was done and when she inquired at the passenger services desk they looked in the computer and said that was not her birthday. All you get from Princess is some balloons for your cabin door and a small cake in the dining room. Just bring your own decorations.

It says in the Personalizer that birthdays must fall within 30 days of your sail date. My birthday is eight days before we sail and my husband's birthday is the day after we leave, so we both get to celebrate our birthdays on board.

We always cruise the month of our anniversary, but not always on our anniversary. Also, in Feb, around DH's birthday. On the cruise personalizer, you pick a date that you would like to celebrate. In traditional dining, the waiter usually knows; in anytime, you have to let them know. You may (or may not) get a little card to give to the waiter, but really you just need to let him/her know - at the beginning of the meal is best - that you would like to celebrate that night. You'll get a cake and a song. The cake is delish!

Other than that, the personalizer will make it so the steward can decorate your door - it may not be done before the date specified. When we cruised in July (before the anniversary), I picked a random date in the middle of the week. Our cabin got decorated that evening, not before.

The "official rules" are up to 30 days before and 45 after - So I'll arrange something for my May birthday on our April cruise, since my birthday is 25 days or so after the cruise.

They will celebrate for you if the event (birthday, anniversary, etc.) falls 30 days before, or 45 days after the cruise. That is their written policy.

Birthday consisted of balloons on door (starting with the day you pick in the cruise personalizer and lasting throughout the cruise), cake with candle in dining room, and a card brought to the table.

Archived