Towels in the Wind?

We always bring on dozen heavy duty (but small) spring clamps to hold our towels down to our chairs. 6 for her chair and 6 for my chair. Simple, easy, secure and a time saver. You can find them at The Home Depot or a hardware type store near you.

Clamp.jpg.fbac22f04dcaa5355c9d032b8923980f.jpg

I bought towels made especially for lounge chirs with the elastic corners. They even have a pocket to hold a book, sunscreen etc. Took them last year and they were a big hit. I paid 5.95 each and got them from Lakeside. I just looked on their website and they have them again this year in really bright colors and they are 6.95 each.

Here is a description: Made of durable, 92% cotton terry cloth & 8% polyester, our covers (22" x 76", each) fit onto lounge or deck chairs.

Hanging from one side is a 3-section pocket to hold sunglasses, lotion, magazines and more!

Covers also convert to a handled tote.

Select from 4 fantastic colors: lemon, kiwi, watermelon and tangerine.

Machine washable.

Imported. Here is the site: http://www.lakeside.com/details.asp?ITN=TCP&ITMPG=15&ITMTOT=138&CAT=1&KWD=&ST=KWD&SS=SOR

Those look awesome!!! Maybe if I attach it to the recliner & turn on the ceiling fan I can pretend I'm still on the ship... but too bad nobody will bring me a pina colada!!!

I looked during lunch for the towel clips at Linens-N-Things. The saleslady laughed and said, "No we're out, we sell them as soon as they come in." Next shipment = sometime this summer. :( I need them = tomorrow.

From the picture of that chair in jturner's post, I doubt safety pins are going to work either. Are those the same chairs that are on the Grandeur, or just beach chairs at a resort somewhere? (entirely unrelated - do you really wear those shoes to the beach? :eek: You're BRAVE! I would end up with a broken ankle for certain on sand.)

Looks like I'll be going to Home Depot after work today... Maybe I can glue-gun some silk butterflies or flowers on them to look less home improvement-ish, LOL. :D

While I was in L-n-T, I looked at the sheet corner thingys. I don't think they would fasten over a thick towel, they look like they only work with thin things like sheets. However, the ironing board cover elastic bands may get a second look - if they would reach behind the chair and clip onto the edges of the towel. Hookup would be a drag though, you'd practically have to crawl under the chair to do it. Not very ladylike in a swimsuit, LOL.

From the picture of that chair in jturner's post, I doubt safety pins are going to work either. Are those the same chairs that are on the Grandeur, or just beach chairs at a resort somewhere?
Caribbean Princess

entirely unrelated - do you really wear those shoes to the beach? :eek: You're BRAVE! I would end up with a broken ankle for certain on sand.
No, on deck only. When you are 5'1", you do whatever you can to get those long legs. It's all about the legs. In sand, just plain old bare feet or flip-flops.

Archived