RC Website Survey

Clarea

Just went to RCI's website and got a pop up to respond to a survey about the website. Maybe this is our chance to voice our options on the new website?

Bob, on the D/D+ thread the folks were saying that they were asked to download something to allow the survey to run and they were afraid to do so. What was your experience?

Bob, on the D/D+ thread the folks were saying that they were asked to download something to allow the survey to run and they were afraid to do so. What was your experience?

Yes, you needed to download a small program called an ActiveX control for something called WebIQ Technology Engine. I imagine this program is logging your use of the website to correlate your use with your survey answers. It also hooks the exit function so it can ask more questions when you try to close the browser.

After you are finished with the survey, go into your Add/Remove programs and remove it.

Bob

I agree that RCI does not engender confidence when they ask you to download a program to take a survey. It appears they went out to a third party to gather feedback on their website, but unfortunately chose a method that presents a download choice. I've heard of this third party before, and had used a survey of theirs on another site, but I still would not have chosen a method that make users think of malware.

Here's the third party in case anyone wants to know:

http://www.usabilitysciences.com/services/webiq

I actually downloaded it because my Norton antivirus said it was safe. I had no problems with it...I just wanted to do darn survey because I had plenty to say about thier website. UGHH..GRRR..can you tell Im frustrated? I have been trying to make a payment on my cruise and it won't let me..I dont want to call!! Anyway..end of rant..I will probably go in and remove the program, but I really didnt have any problems with it.

Archived