questions re: Blue Hole Park/Tom Moore's Jungle

travelloverontario

I'm looking for input from Bermudians...or someone very familiar with Bermuda.

I have done a somewhat exhaustive search on...Blue Hole Park...Tom Moore's Jungle..and Walsingham Nature reserve. Although there is some up to date information, almost all reviews are fairly old.

We are specifically interested in the caves and grottos within the park. I've read where one cave that used to be open to the public (and free) has now been closed, and the old staircase is still there(no entrance however). I've also read that there are other caves that you can walk into, crouch into, or even swim into...most requiring a flashlight, all within this park...and free.

I know there are nature trails, hiking, birdwatching, etc, but am also interested in seeing some caves if possible. I know they will not likely be at the Crystal/Fantasy cave caliber...but I'm still interested.

If you have been there...or have any knowledge of this nature reserve/park...please share.

Thank you.

• 1 year later...

The park is amazing with some wonderful caves.... BRING a flashlight. The entrance to the Bluehole park is just before you cross the causeway to the airport.

If you have a GPS i would recommend bringing it so you dont get lost.

There is a cave there with steps to it and its a great spot to take a dip in the water...

The park is amazing with some wonderful caves.... BRING a flashlight. The entrance to the Bluehole park is just before you cross the causeway to the airport.

If you have a GPS i would recommend bringing it so you dont get lost.

There is a cave there with steps to it and its a great spot to take a dip in the water...

Which dirrection after you enter?:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I was just there two weeks ago and it has not changed in years. The road that leads to the park has a sign for Tom Moores tavern. The park is on the left before you get to the restaurant. There is parking and a sign tell you about the park. The park is about a mile walk and it is HARD to get lost. The path loops around and comes out at the tavern. There are a few paths that dead end. The main path leads to the caves after you climb down a steep rock wall about 6 feet tall. The cave is very dark so you will need a light. The water is very clear - you can swim if you like. It is not a large cave - but it is good cheap intertainment. I have been ther 4 times now. There was a man scuba diving in one of the ponds - lots of fish to see. Will be back in September. Enjoy

How far off the bus route (3?) that follows Harrington Sound Road is the park entrance? Looks like the entrance is on Walsingham Lane?

It is confusing because some writers have referred to an entrance near Grotto Bay by the causeway and your directions are from Tom Moore's tavern.

Thanks

Coming from St George - The entrance to Tom Moores tavern is off Harrington Sound Rd. About .2 miles past the corner of Wilkinson Avenue. You go past Crystal Caves and the road turns left to become Harrington Sound. The entrance is on your left coming from the town of St George. There is a sign for the tavern there. Go down this road about another .2 miles and you will see a small parking area with the Park Entrance sign. This road has very tall shrubs on each side. I dont know how far it is from the bus stop since I travel by scooter. I hope this helps

Don't worry about the forecast. Everytime I go the forecast predicts rain every day. When I get there I ask if it has been rainy. They tell me it hasn't rained hard in a month. They need rain badly right now - it was very dry three weeks ago when I was there. have a great trip

Archived