Roatan Dolphin Encounter

tasmith09

I have posted this on the Roatan's thread with no response. My mom and I would like to do a dolphin encounter in Roatan and are looking to do one with a independent company rather than through Carnival, preferably one that includes transportation. Any suggestions?

We did Carnival's dolphin encounter and Tabyana beach day when we went on Legend to Roatan, and for a ship sponsored excursion, I was very pleasantly surprised at how good it was.

They bussed us to the encounter, gave us the standard talk, and then let us interact with the dolphins. We were broken up into groups of about 10 (4 of which were members of my family), if I remember correctly, and didn't feel crowded at all.

The one thing that made this encounter so much nicer than others I've been on, was that you were standing in waist deep water with the dolphins and not perched on some platform off a dock area. Our footing was much better and the pix we got were fabulous. You had to let them take pix first (we actually ended up buying the cd of shots they took, they were so good), but then they did let you use your own camera as well at the end.

If you're interested, check out my Legend review (link below). I think Roatan starts on about page 7. Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

We just did this on our cruise last week and I completely agree with the above review! We had a great time. We felt this was the way to go, since we were able to see/interact with the dolphins and then also experience the beach. I will say, we really only had maybe 1 1/2 hours at the beach by the time we got there. But, it was enough time to snorkel and we saw quite a bit while doing so. Enjoy your excursion!

Archived