anguilla from st martin

JoyB

Has anyone done a day trip to Anguilla? if so how was it, would you do it again. who was the vendor and how much?

thanks

Joy

We have done day trips many times to Anguilla, but never from a cruise ship.

We stay close to Marigot (where you catch the ferry) so traffic is never a concern. We catch an early ferry, after going thru a quick customs, there are plenty of taxis available there at the dock. They can take you anywhere you want (we almost always go to Shoal Bay).

But if doing it from a cruise ship I would suggest you not try it. Traffic back to Phillipsburg can be bad and you might miss your ship.

Yes, I agree with the previous poster. The timing of the ferries really made us fearful of not getting back on time. Best to do if you are staying on either end of the ride. Not when cruising.

Enjoy St Maarten and all it offers. You can see Anguilla in the distance!:D

Has anyone done a day trip to Anguilla? if so how was it, would you do it again. who was the vendor and how much?

thanks

Joy

I have done it, but never from a cruise ship. Traffic back from Marigot to Phillipsburg might cause you some real problems. There are MANY nice beaches on St. Marteen you can enjoy.

If you are only on St. Maarten for a day- like on a cruise.. you may want to wait till you might have the opportunity for a longer day - to go there. The beaches there are unbelievable.. we took the ferry from the French side of St. Maarten to go over there.. it was at that time $15.00 - and they told us what time the last ferry left to go back. I think it was about a 1/2 hour ride across - very nice scenery. One of my goals when we go back to St. Maarten to stay - I want to go again for a day. We also went to ST. Bart's - and that one I would pass on.... prefer to stay on ST. Maarten.... plenty of beautiful beaches to explore.... we did different ones on each trip. Hope that helps..;)

I must be in the minority. We used to have a condo on St. Maarten so have been there many times. On our Constellation cruise in 2006, we decided to do a day trip to Anguilla to visit friends at Cap Juluca. We took the ferry from Marigot but there is also a ferry closer to the airport on the Dutch side.

We were back in Anguilla in April 2010. The Viceroy Hotel is amazing! Highly recommended. If your ship docks in the morning you have plenty of time to get to Anguilla and back to St. Martin/ St. Maarten and back on the ship. I would advise returning on the ferry at least 2 hours before the cruise ship is due to depart.

Archived