RCI Desserter Here

Paul65

So you are not only a plagiarist, but have no taste as well??? :eek:

I would much rather have RC's soup, salads, appetizers and skip MDR main courses altogether (in most cases)! :p The main courses are just not that good any more..... :( And the same can be said for many of the desserts sadly.

Right on!!!! I do the same. I order an entree and give it to hubby as he is a meat and taters eater with a not too picky palate. I eat the veggies and pass the meat. However, the waiters come over when they see my plate still sitting there with the meat untouched and keep asking me what's wrong, can they bring me something else. A couple of times they have bought me something else unsolicited. They seem to take it personally when you don't eat/like something.

Tucker in Texas

Tucker, why not just ask the waiter to bring you a plate of veggies? I've seen it done before...

I know I could do that but since the meat portions (in husband's opinion) are kinda small, he likes the extra meat and I don't mind the extra veggies off his plate. I'm not a big vegetable eater but hate to see waste. By the time I have the appetizer (sometimes more than one), soup, salad, I am pretty full. That's why passing up dessert is no big deal for me. There is always ice cream in the WJ.

Just got off a recent Celebrity cruise and their "available every day" menu had soups (onion and lobster bisque), appetizers (shrimp cocktail and escargot among others), Caesar salad plus main courses of steak, fish, pasta, and desserts. I really liked that.

I didn't lose weight on that cruise :(

Tucker in Texas

• 3 weeks later...
That's right, I love me some desserts! I think my favorites are the flourless chocolate cake and the Portofino version of tiramisu. But the simple things are pretty nice, too, like the soft-serve ice cream and cookies at Cafe Promenade. Some people complain about too many desserts containing gelatin, but I love me some of those panna cottas, too. Had a Mango Panna Cotta on my last cruise that was excellent. Any fellow desserters out there? :D

With all those lovely desserts that give you the warm fuzzies you must be a heavy tipper. Me I just tip if I think the service is exceptional:D:D:D

Archived