On Rhapsody, I know your not allowed to bring bottles of water but.....

once you have reached the first port. If you go into town and purchase bottles of water to take back on the ship, will they stop you?

The Water Beverage Package on the ship is quite expensive. $50 for 16 bottles.

Should I suck up the cost or risk saving some money and buy in port?

once you have reached the first port. If you go into town and purchase bottles of water to take back on the ship, will they stop you?

The Water Beverage Package on the ship is quite expensive. $50 for 16 bottles.

Should I suck up the cost or risk saving some money and buy in port?

Hey HC

Having just gotten off Rhapsody i dont know anyone who had problems with water. They actually quite actively promote this is the only thing they will tolerate being taken off and bought back onto the ship....You should be fine. You will love Rhapody, shes an amazing ship! :)

Thanks Jas!!!

Think I will stock up on water in our first port but take a couple on board in my bag to tide me over until we get there.

Another question...... is it possible to get away with purchasing 1 soda package but then sharing it between family members. So if I get the sticker on my sea pass, is it easy enough to go up to the bar & order a soft drink which I then pass onto my kids (obviously ordering 1 soft drink at a time....).

I know I must seem like a cheap skate but with a 17 night cruise I want to save my pennies for as many cocktails as possible!

Thanks Jas!!!

Think I will stock up on water in our first port but take a couple on board in my bag to tide me over until we get there.

Another question...... is it possible to get away with purchasing 1 soda package but then sharing it between family members. So if I get the sticker on my sea pass, is it easy enough to go up to the bar & order a soft drink which I then pass onto my kids (obviously ordering 1 soft drink at a time....).

I know I must seem like a cheap skate but with a 17 night cruise I want to save my pennies for as many cocktails as possible!

hi Hot Chilli, i have seen other people do the same thing and i doubt the waiter would care as they are not paying for the drinks

Our 2 boys always get the drinks package, it saves you heaps of money. Sometimes the waiters don't even ask for their cards and they wouldn't know how many drinks they have ordered.

You will love the Rhapsody, it's a beautiful ship.

When you purchase soda package, you get a metal drink container included which holds enough for two children, just grab a couple of glasses and have the drink container filled. Remembering that in the buffet area and solarium there are free non fizzy drinks - american lemonade, fruit cocktail, iced tea, iced water, juices (at breakfast), etc they were a little strong for our taste so we watered them down with iced water or ice. Also free dairy whip icecream available poolside otherwise at Ben & Jerry's at a cost.

When you purchase soda package, you get a metal drink container included which holds enough for two children, just grab a couple of glasses and have the drink container filled. Remembering that in the buffet area and solarium there are free non fizzy drinks - american lemonade, fruit cocktail, iced tea, iced water, juices (at breakfast), etc they were a little strong for our taste so we watered them down with iced water or ice. Also free dairy whip icecream available poolside otherwise at Ben & Jerry's at a cost.

Sorry double post - but only one waiter refused our second glass on our last cruise, that was the first time ever (in theatre and only husband had his card with him)

Thanks Jas!!!

In a word YES. I got a package for the 20 yo (as she wasn't allowed to drink alcohol :eek:) and we didn't mean to be cheapskates and I was quite happy to buy mine one off, but they would just use the one we had on the 20 yo's seapass. In fact, if I was buying one and any one else's kid was sitting near me they would just use theirs! Softdrink postmix ain't a big money spinner for the cruise lines :p

:( They weren't giving out the metal drink containers on our cruise

We were on 27/12 NYE cruise and the soda packages with metal drink containers were set on a table up near buffet area and only available on sailing day. We also had them on Dec. 09 cruise and they are larger than the ones on princess.

Recieved this info from T/A today, I wonder if you could share one of these!;)

ROYAL CARIBBEAN HAS RELEASED A SERIES OF PRE purchased all you can drink packages, meaning that guests who purchase them will no longer have to worry about an unexpected bar bill. The reasonably priced packages include a US$29pp per day Beer and Wine Package which entitles purchasers to all day beers and house wine (by the glass), plus a 25% discount on all other wines and spirits

• 2 weeks later...

Archived